Aqua Ultraviolet Sterilizer - Mounting

ReefSentinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

In the process of setup up a new build which will have a Aqua UV Twist sterilizer, just wondering how fellow reefers mount the mounting brackets to their cabinet.
The bracket is self has slots in the base, just wondering if everyone uses a screw and flat washer through the slot or some other arrangement.

Please post pic of how you have used these brackets.

thanks
IMG_9651.jpg
IMG_9652.jpg

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I like these better, once they are back in stock.
Other than that, as long as they are stable, you should be good to go. I would use a flat washer like you said if I used those brackets. Don't over think things too much. It will lead to second and third guessing which leads to too many changes in your tank which is very bad. Good luck on the build.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe there’s some other genius way to use this, but I just drilled a hole in the middle of the center base and used a screw through it.

OP
OP
ReefSentinel

ReefSentinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I like these better, once they are back in stock.
Other than that, as long as they are stable, you should be good to go. I would use a flat washer like you said if I used those brackets. Don't over think things too much. It will lead to second and third guessing which leads to too many changes in your tank which is very bad. Good luck on the build.
Thanks for the link, these look good.

OP
OP
ReefSentinel

ReefSentinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have extra long screws, hence the additional washers, but here is how I screwed it in, between the slots...

096250A9-A796-4E94-9EE8-77BD74765C03.jpeg
Thanks for the picture, this was how I was considering the mount.
Strange design, I can understand the slot to make it easy to remove bracket without unscrewing the screw however they don’t give you much access to tighten screw.
Thanks again.

Bellamy803

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the route I went......Serves the purpose - looks decent and I dont have to screw with a clamp breaking etc......

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have those mounting brackets by "Neat" (from BRS) for my large Pentair UV-- a little pricey, but excellent. However since your unit seems to have already come with brackets, l'd say the screw and washer approach is all you need. Best wishes!

OP
OP
ReefSentinel

ReefSentinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't finished the plumbing yet but the following picture is what I ended up doing.
The stand brackets worked ok, not idea but if you leave the screws a touch loose than you can slide the brackets up off the screws and remove the UV unit.
I was concerned about trying the open the brackets each time & one day the brackets break as they feel like they are on the edge of opening to far and breaking, not that I plan to open that often.
IMG_9891.JPG

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t quite tell from the photo, but are you able to pull the long bulb up-and-out for changing, or will you have to remove the unit from the brackets and deal with the attached plumbing?

OP
OP
ReefSentinel

ReefSentinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t quite tell from the photo, but are you able to pull the long bulb up-and-out for changing, or will you have to remove the unit from the brackets and deal with the attached plumbing?
Hi,
I will not be able to take out the bulb where it is now, I will have to remove the unit, a few advantages this in my thinking was
- the UV will always have water in it so, not this is a major as I was planning to program the UV to be off if the return pump wasn’t going.
- I can see the light at the top easy.
- it was one of the recommended install positions.
- space, it kinda works well in this position based on space requirements for the plumbing.

Bellamy803

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they look like they will do the job, not of the size of the radius on the UV but if its a touch smaller than it should sit in the bracket quite well..
Based off the hook measurements and the Classic UV 57 Watt from Ultra - should be good to go. I will know here in a few hours!

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I will not be able to take out the bulb where it is now, I will have to remove the unit, a few advantages this in my thinking was
- the UV will always have water in it so, not this is a major as I was planning to program the UV to be off if the return pump wasn’t going.
- I can see the light at the top easy.
- it was one of the recommended install positions.
- space, it kinda works well in this position based on space requirements for the plumbing.
Make sure you use a union ball valve fitting.

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in a similar situation when i bought my Aqua UV sterilizer. After talking to them and based on their mounting instructions per customer service and the manual... i went to lowes. This is the finished product

1618342412259.png

1618342437853.png
I thought the idea was to mount vertically to avoid bubbles stuck in the body of the unit?!?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back