Aqua UV 57W only Drawing 42W?

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2016
Messages
1,673
Reaction score
1,222
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I recently bought an Aqua Uv 57W model off of Amazon. However after I set it up I noticed from the Apex panel it shows that the UV only draws 42 - 43 W. Is this normal? I have another Pentair UV that is labeled at 120W and it draws 116 W according to Apex. So I wonder if the lamp that came with the UV is under rated or broken.

If anyone with the 57 W model could chime in I’d really appreciate it!
 
I wouldn't be too worried, personally. The Apex does calculations behind the scenes to adjust their power readouts which I can't recall at the moment. AC power is a bit more complex than just P=I^2*R. In an AC circuit, power readouts are averages, not the instantaneous reading. That's because AC (alternating current) is always alternating. Power is being consumed and power is being returned. Do a quick google search on AC power and you can get into the weeds, if you'd like.
 
I wouldn't be too worried, personally. The Apex does calculations behind the scenes to adjust their power readouts which I can't recall at the moment. AC power is a bit more complex than just P=I^2*R. In an AC circuit, power readouts are averages, not the instantaneous reading. That's because AC (alternating current) is always alternating. Power is being consumed and power is being returned. Do a quick google search on AC power and you can get into the weeds, if you'd like.

Thank you. I guess I am concerned because the 120W unit is showing 116W power consumption and this 57W is no where close to its labeled watt.
 
Are there any with the same model that can share their power consumption please?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new