Aquabus cable question

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been reading and searching for the past few days and have decided to flat out ask the community.

Can I extend the aquabus cable to cover a 50 foot run?

I see that they sell a 30 foot cable is there any downside to connecting 2 together either with a passive extender, female/female adaptor, or soldering the cables?

I know standard USB cables need to be amplified or boosted longer then 10-15ft but I’m not sure about the Apex specific signal degradation.

As far as I can tell the aquabus is the same as a USB except it uses different signal/power rates and should not be connected to any commonly “powered” usb device. Is that correct?

FFD522FA-F10E-45AD-83CF-A5F5EA05FF55.jpeg

Last edited:

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
bobyboy

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I may look into getting a single passive cable otherwise using the couplers and some electric tape will have to do.

nycfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered the custom one usbfirewire as am snaking it through walls and floor and did not want to risk any problems from couplers. So if you can get to the coupler sections easily it will be cheaper and worth the risk, if not spend some more now to avoid headaches in the future. Think you also need to make sure it's a USB 2 cable

OP
OP
bobyboy

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the custom one usbfirewire as am snaking it through walls and floor and did not want to risk any problems from couplers. So if you can get to the coupler sections easily it will be cheaper and worth the risk, if not spend some more now to avoid headaches in the future. Think you also need to make sure it's a USB 2 cable

I only have 2 walls to go through so I’m leaning towards the extensionss especially after a friend that works at Best Buy sent me this price.

1F5A5270-7268-447B-BD5B-F6E09BF1E77B.png

nycfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
at that price worth the risk. remember you need male to male connections between apex devices

OP
OP
bobyboy

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at that price worth the risk. remember you need male to male connections between apex devices

Extensions should work with the existing aquabus cables or do they not?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back