Aquaclear 110 to a refugium

Refugium


  • Total voters
    9

ShanesClowns

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Messages
57
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g mixed reef, 80lbs of live rock , lots of softies , no sump, current filtration is a HOB 1000 octo, and a reactor for GFO or carbon depending on what I need. My only mistake , which I can't change now is not having a sump.

Parameters
Salinity 1.025
All 8.5
Ph 8.2
Temp 77
Mag 1360
Calcium 455
Nitrates .10-.5
Phos .10-0.08

So I have a aquaclear 110 laying around and want to convert it to a refugium with cheato, I have watched the videos and have all the necessary accesories to do it, looking for everyone's thoughts if it is a beneficial addition or should I not waste my time?

Also if I do it do I have to alter the pump that comes with it. And do I run it all the the time and how to maintain it.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions, comments and thoughts.
 
If you want to do it. It has a lot of benefits to a tank .
 
@Bulk Reef Supply has a video on this, essentially, with the right light, a fugue can pull a surprising amount of nutrients out of the water.

i think it could be worth it. add a screen to keep the chaeto shreds inside the filter, and add the brightest grow light you can, and you're in business for little investment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new