Aquactinics T5 fixture vs tek fixture

  • Thread starter Thread starter jerl77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
394
Location
long island ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting my hands on a Aquactinics T5 fixture has 5 bulbs i am running a tek 8 bulb one now should i swtch the tek out for the Aquactinics T5 fixture ?
 
The Aquactinics has better reflectors than the TEK, but IMO the 8 bulbs of the TEK are more beneficial for your SPS setup. If you are going to switch them I would go MH with T5 or VHO supplement. Why are you considering the switch?
 
Becuze I didn't know if it was a better fixture and I am getting it so if it is better then I would switch them

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 
the tek 8 bulb is wider and will give you better spread over the tx5. I would just stick with it.
 
I like the Aquactinics fixtures, but if you do want to switch them out, go for the Constellation. Only 7 bulbs, but way better than your Tek light

Also gotta be sure you have killer bulbs, ... usually these days folks go with a mix of ATI bulbs and one Fiji Purple it seems
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new