Aquaforest 1+2+3 Trace Elements

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and sorry if this has been posted previously, searching for anything Aquaforest gives me only contest threads.

I currently dose the Diy AF 1+2+3 which has been giving me great results. I am wondering if the Component strong ABCK for trace elements is a must for this 3 part or is there a cheaper alternative for dosing micro elements?

The component strong adds significant cost to dosing with my high demand.

Gellisjr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you are already dosing Components 1+2+3+ there is no need to dose trace elements. They are already in the solution. I would say do an ICP test and find out if your deficient in any of the trace elements. Only then should you dose anything else.

Sorry just read your post.

Yes the Do It Yourself kit needs to have the trace elements added for your corals to benefit having the trace elements provided. I have looked at the AF Component 1+2+3+ system It does seem like it could get expensive. I have decided to just stick with the Balling method and dose Alk, Cal & Mg to maintain my parameters and I use Tropic Marin's All For Reef for Trace elements. I buy the 1600 gram container of powder and mix my own in RO/DI water. I only dose 16mL per day so the solution lasts a while for me. I am getting ready to send off my first ICP test soon. I want to get a better look at my parameters and compare them to my log book and see if any of the trace elements are deficient and may need a boost. I have read that Tropic Marin over all is good but does lack in certain elements. I will soon find out if this is true. I have been using All For Reef for 6-8 months now.

Good luck

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 81 77.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back