Aquaforest Life Source & Dino’s

Bakki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I used aquaforest life source the other day in hope of increasing the microbial diversity. My dino’s seemed to get worse the next day. I’m not sure if this was coincidental.

Does anyone else have experience using the life source when having dino’s?

Thanks!
Jorren

Alexander1312

View Badges
Reaction score
San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what type of Dinos you had - I had prorocentrums and used this and they eventually disappeared several months ago and have not come back. It was not the only thing I used but increasing the biodiversity through several measures including weekly use of this made sense to me. I did follow the instructions from the Dino facebook group that I am sure you know about, and I blame water changes to be only reason why it took me longer to get rid of them. Once I stopped doing water changes for 2-3 weeks and after doing everything else for many weeks (pods, phyto, silicate etc), they disappeared.

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what type of Dinos you had - I had prorocentrums and used this and they eventually disappeared several months ago and have not come back. It was not the only thing I used but increasing the biodiversity through several measures including weekly use of this made sense to me. I did follow the instructions from the Dino facebook group that I am sure you know about, and I blame water changes to be only reason why it took me longer to get rid of them. Once I stopped doing water changes for 2-3 weeks and after doing everything else for many weeks (pods, phyto, silicate etc), they disappeared.
Interested to know why stopping water changes helped. Reducing silicates perhaps?

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to know why stopping water changes helped. Reducing silicates perhaps?
Silicates actually help fight against some Dinos as it allows diatoms to outcompete.

Water changes decrease nutrients and also replenishes trace elements. Dinos feed off some trace and thrive in low nutrient environments.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back