Help identifing coffee bean like object. Dino’s ?

gishandfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished treating my tank for Dino’s this week after a big overgrowth in the tank from the last month. I managed to be able to use microscope today and look at some samples of algae growing on the rock in the tank. Below are some slides taken by my iPhone. I’m especially curious of the coffee bean shaped organism if anyone knows what that is. None of them are moving like i have seen in other posters videos. I just finished making some changes to the tank in the last week:
1. Running skimmer 24 hours a day/air input from outside
2. Evaporative cooling fan so water temp is now 78 constant vs 78-81 swing every day.
3. dosing with neonitrate and brought my nitrate levels from 0 to 8ppm.
4. 25 percent water change with 0 tds water instead of the 8 tds water being sold by lfs

The corals now look incredible. The euphilia expelled a line of poop waste for the first time in a month of owning it. The zoas have opened up more than I’ve ever seen. The gsp is no longer covered in algae and growing. These images were taken just today and wondering if these are indeed Dino’s could they be not moving as a sign of dying off? Also I saw a few that were totally clear as if they were empty and unfed. Thanks!

IMG_6242.jpeg IMG_6243.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back