OP
booker1978

booker1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to pull the trigger on same tank after a seven year break too! Are you still liking tank and hardware, especially the circulation pump?
Any advice\opinions appreciated
That's awesome news... Welcome back to the hobby! I have loved all of the choices so far. You won't be disappointed!

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome news... Welcome back to the hobby! I have loved all of the choices so far. You won't be disappointed!
Awesome!
I ordered mine yesterday.
can’t wait to create a build thread! I have not purchased light yet. Thinking kessil maybe. Got a reef octopus varios 2 pump, sicce wifi power head. Still have so much to do. Starting from scratch is a pain and quite expensive!

OP
OP
booker1978

booker1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!
I ordered mine yesterday.
can’t wait to create a build thread! I have not purchased light yet. Thinking kessil maybe. Got a reef octopus varios 2 pump, sicce wifi power head. Still have so much to do. Starting from scratch is a pain and quite expensive!
All of that is so true, but buy once, cry once! Well.... except when you see new cool stuff come out and then it's upgrade time. ;-) A never ending cycle which is half the fun!

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,
I have had constant issues with my tank/sump staying level. I get it stable, then it seems overnight the ato begins to go off, lowering salinity and filling display while emptying out reserve. I have received new plumbing from Aquaforest, but no solution yet. I know others have had issues and was wondering if you had any similar problems. If so, could you let me know?

GDiaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,
I have had constant issues with my tank/sump staying level. I get it stable, then it seems overnight the ato begins to go off, lowering salinity and filling display while emptying out reserve. I have received new plumbing from Aquaforest, but no solution yet. I know others have had issues and was wondering if you had any similar problems. If so, could you let me know?
Yes. The problem is the filter sock. Removed my filter sock 2 days ago during my water change and put my media reactor in that spot. So far so good, I can give you guys an update in a few more days. But I had the same issue and it drove me insane. I have the 435, I realized changing the sock makes a difference. Cleaning it is ok but if it’s not being changed or cleaned every other day for me resulted in this water level issue. VERY annoying and made my ATO bonkers which also affected salinity. Hope this helps

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are going well on the tank so far. I have added my first inhabitants. Please welcome two frostbite ocellaris clownfish, Joe and Momma... named by my 11 year old daughter. They have been in the tank for about a week now and have been doing great! I need to learn how to take good pictures of moving fish, because currently I suck at it or I would post pictures of them. Everything I take are blurry and do not give true justice to the beauty of these creatures. So cool!

I have added a few things already to the functionality of the tank. I purchased a Neptune Apex Pro and the Adaptive Reef mounting board to organize all of the electronics. I spent the day today doing wire management on the new mounting board and setting up the Apex. It turned out great plus there still is room for anything else I may add down the road. I considered building something to mount all of the electronics, but I was convinced with purchasing from Adaptive Reef from a YouTube interview with the owner and tour of their shop. I'm a sucker for supporting small businesses and the quality of this Canadian based company was quite impressive. I was sold!

IMG_4098.jpeg

IMG_4099.jpeg

I'm considering purchasing a tablet to place directly above the mounting board so I can have access to the Apex Fusion Webpage, but have also looked at making (or purchasing from Adaptive Reef) a toggle box that I could use for feeding, turning off certain things, etc. I'm leaning towards a tablet as it would be cheaper and more functional, but I do like the tactile aspect of a toggle box. Anyone have any experience with either and have opinions?

The only other thing that I have on the way is a custom screen by Top Lids. I knew that I would need a screen as I have had my fair share of jumpers since I began this hobby 8-9 years back, but wanted something that looked great and provided as many options and light penetration as possible. While I haven't received it yet, I can say that communication has been second to none! They sent me a mock up withing a few days of ordering it for approval and addressed all concerns and additions that I requested. I still have a few weeks, but I'm really looking forward for it to come in.
Top lids is solid. I ordered one for a water box and one for an AIO i.marine....they take a while but well worth it

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back