Aquaforest trace, reef vs seasalt

  • Thread starter Thread starter Patx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Patx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2019
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
980
Location
Montréal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes again!
Another post about salt.
i use Aquaforest "sea salt" and i was wondering if it would be time to change to "Reef salt".
So i compared 2 batches.
The concentration of seasalt is based on 33ppt and reefsalt at 35ppt. I added 6% to each number of seasalt to compare.
The Ca and Mg is obviously higher, but this number does not matter to me, my doses of "All for reef" counterbalance rather well.
It is more the "trace elements" side that interested me.
I do not know if i am mistaken, but the 2 salts seem very similar.
I expected a more noticeable difference.

Aquaforest at 35ppt...
Reef salt (992132) 105$ / Sea salt (406612) 82$
Alk : 8 / 8,2 dKh
Fe : 0,04 / 0,06 mg/l
B : 4,4 / 4,1
Br: 72 / 74
Ca: 428 / 365
K: 384 / 382
Mg: 1354 / 1273
Na: 10912 / 11237
S: 771 / 736
Sr: 7,35 / 0
I: 0,04 / 0
Mn: 0,02 / 0,02
Zn: 0,0023 / 0
Ba: 0,015 / 0,017
Si: 0,08 / 0,1
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new