AquaIllumination Blade Announced

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone measured the length of the light panel vs the black frame end sections yet? Trying to gauge actual size of lighting area.
I'm still curious about that too.
Recall hearing each end is 1.5" approximately. That would infer the individual lights are 9", For example, the 30" panel has three light sections which would assume 27" plus both end caps being 3". Did the math across and seems to work.
1674485401295.png
The end 'looks' longer than 1.5", but I don't know. Each panel seems to have 6 'pucks' with 4 diodes in each, for a total of 24 LEDs every 9-12 inches or so.

Royal_pudding

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how hot these get?
Im wondering if it would be harsh on these lights to mount them inside a very shallow canopy with no air movement.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ping me if you do. I'm really liking the ReeFi stuff, looks to be decent performance for the price range. I think the Blades would be good for fill light though and may eventually evaluate if I want to add them.
Yeah, I will, but I'll be watching this thread to see if this lights are also a good option as the only lights needed for SPS.

I'm still debating between 2 ReeFi or 3 AI Blades.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didnt see the spectrum graph, thank you Hooz for reposting that. This is a bit concerning and what I also thought may be the case because of the absence of any red, green, or actual uv leds. I would need to see it in person still but I have a feeling the red colors in fish might not pop as well and the light will be too much towards the blue windex look which i dont really like.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didnt see the spectrum graph, thank you Hooz for reposting that. This is a bit concerning and what I also thought may be the case because of the absence of any red, green, or actual uv leds. I would need to see it in person still but I have a feeling the red colors in fish might not pop as well and the light will be too much towards the blue windex look which i dont really like.

Remember, though. The "white" LEDs actually have all colors, so there will be SOME red and green present. And the Blade Grow has a high percentage of white LEDs. Might want to wait to see one in person before sinking the money, though.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might want to wait to see one in person before sinking the money, though.
my thoughts exactly. I have built diy leds before using just blue and white before adding in colors and uv later. The cool whites just didnt give the pop i needed until i added in red leds

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still curious about that too.

1674485401295.png
The end 'looks' longer than 1.5", but I don't know. Each panel seems to have 6 'pucks' with 4 diodes in each, for a total of 24 LEDs every 9-12 inches or so.
Math works out to 9" LED section and end caps being 1.5" each. The 12" looks proportionally to have a 9" LED section from how I'm seeing it and when you do the calculation on each length the number of LED panels at 9" plus total end cap of 3" adds up as well.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Math works out to 9" LED section and end caps being 1.5" each. The 12" looks proportionally to have a 9" LED section from how I'm seeing it and when you do the calculation on each length the number of LED panels at 9" plus total end cap of 3" adds up as well.
That sounds right, and it could be. I'd like to see the measurements, which don't seem to be listed anywhere that I can find. Or if someone could measure...

They do have a "freshwater" model, made up of mostly "cool white", but also a couple warm whites and reds per section. If I were to run a set of these as primary lights, I'm guessing I would need to throw in one of the FW models...but that means another fixture, so this is getting expensive. Or maybe not, I need to see these things in person.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds right, and it could be. I'd like to see the measurements, which don't seem to be listed anywhere that I can find. Or if someone could measure...

They do have a "freshwater" model, made up of mostly "cool white", but also a couple warm whites and reds per section. If I were to run a set of these as primary lights, I'm guessing I would need to throw in one of the FW models...but that means another fixture, so this is getting expensive. Or maybe not, I need to see these things in person.
Best bet to call them. Only way to get exact measurements and also details on whites you seek.

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, they do not provide graphs for a Grow + Glow combo, or did I miss it?
Nope I didn’t see it either. Also wish they would have overlaid a composite of the three graphs of the chlorophylls over each light spectrum.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know...

If you look at the video above (post #302) from 2:02 - 5:27 he has the GROW lights on and the red of that Flame Angel certainly pops...

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back