Aquamai KPS too much for a 5 gallon?

Tavyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I dial it down enough for softies/lps in a 5 gallon? Id love to have the ability to control the pump so I could set some random flow intensities.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly may be. Have you looked into a sw2 and getting a 500mah power supply ? I ran a RW4 in a aquamaxx 2g (12x6x6) on a 500mah and didn't have any issues besides it being a lot of flow on the 2nd and 3rd setting.

OP
OP
T

Tavyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tried changing the power supply on a sw2. I will look into that. I am curious about how adjustable the aquamai is, I've never had the opportunity to play with one and 120 dollars would be an expensive experiment. The aquamai looks amazing though.

SteveO83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tried changing the power supply on a sw2. I will look into that. I am curious about how adjustable the aquamai is, I've never had the opportunity to play with one and 120 dollars would be an expensive experiment. The aquamai looks amazing though.
I have one on a 20g nuvo. on the 200sps setting it seems weak , but may just be me. my torch in the opposite corner gently flows with it and the stock return

OP
OP
T

Tavyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and got one. The KPS is so adjustable that it is absolutely appropriate for a 5 gallon. Its a super nice pump with crazy adjustability.

SickString

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it working for you? Still like it, dialed in good? I’m thinking about getting one for my 5g.

Sorry to drag this thread back up, just came across this thread and I’m hoping this pump might be a good choice for me.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back