Aquamaxx AF-1

wrgoff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2023
Messages
107
Reaction score
35
Location
Downingtown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the Aquamaxx AF-1 Automatic Filter Roller. I just couldn't resist. It is on sale at bulk reef supply. I got it for $160. Can anyone with knowledge of it give me any pointers. I have a 240 Gallon tank with a synergy reef CL-60 sump, with two 7 inch filter socks. I plan on opening up the filter sock section to hold the AF-1.

1 question I have, is would it be okay just to add a 1.5 inch bulk head into the side of the crash box and connect it to the AF-1 inlet? Or should I run the piping from the down pipe through the crash box and into the overflow? Would it matter as far as flow rate?

20220629_121439.jpg
20220702_103254.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new