Innovative Marine 15 Gallon Build

Sabres429

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
180
Reaction score
64
Location
Buffalo NY
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone!

It's been 4 years since I've been out of the hobby and I'm jumping back into it. I was going to go bigger BUT a local reefer and my two little boys talked me out of it so here we are!

Equipment:
- Innovative Marine 15 AIO cube
- HelloReef 15 Gallon white stand
- Tunze Osmolator 3 Nano ATO
- Aqua Illumination Prime 16 HD white
- Black Prime HD mount
- Syncra Silent 1.5 Pump (357 GPH) - Sicce (Upgraded from the stock return pump that came with the tank)
- MA887 Digital Seawater Refractometer - Milwaukee
- 100W Titanium Aquarium Heater w/ Helio Controller - Bulk Reef Supply
- Auqa Shield UV Sterilizer Desktop - Innovative Marine
- AF Filter Floss - Aquaforest
- 1/2" Random Flow Generator Flow Kit - Vivid Creative Aquatics - (upgrading from the stock return nozzle)
- Kraken Reef Cover
- BRS 5 - Stage RODI
- 5 Gallon ATO container

Screenshot 2026-06-08 093131.jpg

Screenshot 2026-06-08 093219.jpg

Screenshot 2026-06-08 093312.jpg







Rock:

- Top Shelf aquatics custom coralline dry rock aquascape.
Screenshot 2026-06-08 092702.jpg



Salt:

- Tropic Marin Pro

Fish plans: Two clowns & MAYBE 1 purple fire fish.

Coral plans: Mixed LPS & SPS.

Just waiting for the rock from TSA and I can finally fill the tank. Cant wait to see the journey progress. I plan on using Fritz Turbo Start to get the tank cycling.
 
Following along!
 
Couple updates since the tank is now rolling. I added two Wyoming clowns, a cleaner, shrimp and 5 trochus snails. Coral wise I added a Holy grail torch, dragon soul torch, frogspawn, sunny side up & marry jane zoas. Everything has been doing really well.

I've done (2) 3 - gallon water changes so far. Tank is sitting at:

Phosphate - 0.04
Nitrate - haven't tested yet
Amonia - 0
Nitrite - 0

My little guy loved the shark at my LFS
fae268e7-3a38-4241-8a62-a36230d850da.jpeg


ebf0f371-7f22-4a0e-8785-e82a557bbae8.jpg



1f5f93a1-c6e6-4eaa-b696-211ef9c3ba49.jpeg
295294da-d134-4049-9092-f052b464d124.jpeg



 
Beautiful tank. Can’t wait to see the progress. Is that LFS A Reef Creation? Only visited once, but what a shop. Good luck 🍀
 
Just curious... will that heater stay properly submerged in that chamber? Best wishes with your tank. 👍🏻
 


Tank has been cruising along. I did loose two zoanthid frags recently. Tank was lacking some flow so I added a AI Nero 3 pump. So far I've been had to dose 2 ML of All-For-Reef to keep my numbers up.
 
I'm near Canandaigua and following along!
 
great start -i how do you like the stand?
Not great honestly. The feet say they’re adjustable but they don’t do anything so I had to add some shims to make it level. There was some cosmetic damage as well. There want many options unless I had one built.
 
great start -i how do you like the stand?
Not great honestly. The feet say they’re adjustable but they don’t do anything so I had to add some shims to make it level. There was some cosmetic damage as well. There want many options unless I had one built.
I have the same tank and stand and had to 3d print some shims to make it level.
 
Not great honestly. The feet say they’re adjustable but they don’t do anything so I had to add some shims to make it level. There was some cosmetic damage as well. There want many options unless I had one built.
I ran into the same problem with my daughter’s tank upgrade into a Nuvo 15. Everything I read about the hello reef stand said it was flimsy, arrived with cosmetic damage, and needed reinforcing.

I went out on a limb and asked a local club member who’s been posting the build process of a large stand he’s building for himself. I messaged him at 12:40 yesterday and he had this whipped up by 6:40
IMG_8840.png

I asked him how much I owed him, and got this as a response
IMG_8839.png


I can’t even begin to explain how much this helps out as a single father on a limited budget. I’m glad I didn’t pull the trigger on the hello reef one after seeing your honest opinion on it. It’s really unfortunate there aren’t better/more options for such a great tank.
 
I ran into the same problem with my daughter’s tank upgrade into a Nuvo 15. Everything I read about the hello reef stand said it was flimsy, arrived with cosmetic damage, and needed reinforcing.

I went out on a limb and asked a local club member who’s been posting the build process of a large stand he’s building for himself. I messaged him at 12:40 yesterday and he had this whipped up by 6:40
IMG_8840.png

I asked him how much I owed him, and got this as a response
IMG_8839.png


I can’t even begin to explain how much this helps out as a single father on a limited budget. I’m glad I didn’t pull the trigger on the hello reef one after seeing your honest opinion on it. It’s really unfortunate there aren’t better/more options for such a great tank.
That is amazing!
 
Not great honestly. The feet say they’re adjustable but they don’t do anything so I had to add some shims to make it level. There was some cosmetic damage as well. There want many options unless I had one built.
If you're looking for a stand, I'm in Canandaigua and I can make stands. Here's one I made more recently for another R2R member. This is NOT 2x4's, this is solid red oak, but I can do other designs/materials too. Let me know if I can help 🙂

IMG_1918.jpeg


IMG_1923.jpeg


IMG_1924.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new