AquaMaxx FR-SE with biopellets

rhorn67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ RL30 AIO with a Tunze 9001 skimmer in the right side compartment. I have the AquaMaxx FR-SE Hang-On reactor that I want to use with biopellets. From what I am reading the biopellets shed the byproduct and that byproduct needs to be skimmed out. My plan is to have the reactor return into the same chamber as the skimmer to skim byproduct.

My question is will enough of the byproduct get skimmed out before hitting the next chamber and into the tank return? If an amount of the byproduct does get past the skimmer and circulated into the tank will it simply be skimmed out on the next return into the skimmer chamber? Ideas on a better way to do this with my current setup?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as your skimmer is working properly it will all get skimmed out eventually I would think.

OP
OP
rhorn67

rhorn67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as your skimmer is working properly it will all get skimmed out eventually I would think.

I agree just want to try as best as possible to eliminate the byproduct as quickly as possible. From what I have been reading the byproduct contains nutrients so skimming is essential. I have seen a few systems that are plumbing the reactor return directly into the skimmer. I was thinking about putting the surface skimming tube on the Tunze then put the reactor return into it from the top. I think it would still pull water from the side as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back