Aquamaxx Reactors- really dumb question

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite my many years of reefing- This is my first experience with Aquamaxx Fluidized reactors. Just a probably really dumb question-

The upper Rubber O-ring on the central tube- does it go on after the upper sponge and plate to hold them down onto the media or under the sponge and plate to keep them up.

I'm using them with Rox Carbon so I do not want tumbling and it seems with them on top holding the plate and sponge down onto the media, it would achieve this.

Thanks for any input!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into the foam rings for the Phosband reactors and see if they will fit your reactor.

RobMay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an even dumber aquamaxx media reactor question. I can't figure out how to empty this thing. I use seachem matrix carbon and phosguard, and no matter how carefully I pack it, when I go to empty it days later the beads always, without fail, jam the plastic rings against the inside of the cylinder body. For me, absolutely the most difficult media reactor to deal with. A lot of reviews rave over how easy it is to clean. What am I doing wrong? I don't see using media bags inside a media reactor as a good solution (why have a media reactor then?).

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back