Aquamaxx Reactors- really dumb question

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
864
Reaction score
1,312
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite my many years of reefing- This is my first experience with Aquamaxx Fluidized reactors. Just a probably really dumb question-

The upper Rubber O-ring on the central tube- does it go on after the upper sponge and plate to hold them down onto the media or under the sponge and plate to keep them up.

I'm using them with Rox Carbon so I do not want tumbling and it seems with them on top holding the plate and sponge down onto the media, it would achieve this.

Thanks for any input!
 
Look into the foam rings for the Phosband reactors and see if they will fit your reactor.
 
I have an even dumber aquamaxx media reactor question. I can't figure out how to empty this thing. I use seachem matrix carbon and phosguard, and no matter how carefully I pack it, when I go to empty it days later the beads always, without fail, jam the plastic rings against the inside of the cylinder body. For me, absolutely the most difficult media reactor to deal with. A lot of reviews rave over how easy it is to clean. What am I doing wrong? I don't see using media bags inside a media reactor as a good solution (why have a media reactor then?).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new