AquaNerd5150's 187g Tank

aquanerd5150

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its my bday so I figure this would be a good time to start my tank, that way I don't forget its one year. A few months back I decided to upgrade by tank. I had a standard 90 gallon. My Gem tang was out growing it so I decided to upgrade to what I think is a perfect size tank. I started the tank a little over a month ago, and while on vacation I let it cycle. I came home tested the water everything looks good and tested it with a few fish.

Equipment:
Tank Leemar Euro braced, 48x30x30 187g
left corner overflow
custom sump 38Lx24Dx18H 64g
Euro-reef skimmer rated for 250 gallons
2 two little fishes 550 reactors one carbon one gfo powered by a 1200 maxi-jet
fug just live rock for now
Apex controller, with all the goodies....
2 mp40's
BRS auto top off pump 50ml per min
BRS dosing pumps 1.1ml pre min
uv sterilizer powered by mag 6.5
return pump Mag pump 18.
lights AI Vegas Blue, 4 over the tank...

This is how I left the tank before vacation. I will have update pics as soon as I start to add my fish and coral back in. thanks for reading.

 
thank you skinz78 It still has a ways to go, I am hoping some time next week to go get all my coral from my friends pet store, and my fishes too.
but for now I am happy with it. I ant wait to get some sticks in here and my tangs back

I feel like the pic I posted doesn't do it justice. I might have t take pic next to my tank to show off its real size.
 
WELCOME ABOARD and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! Very nice dimensions for a Reeftank.

Cheers, Todd
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new