Aquapod HQI

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, well I'm breaking down my 11 gallon nano because i just have too much coral in my tanks. I'm looking at getting an Aquapod 24 HQI. Im not using any of the filter media they supply with it. I think it's the perfect tank because I am going to use the overflow section and run it to my refugium. This way i have a tank where i see no devices and i get surface skimming.

I want to find out if anyone has this tank how they like the light. I have never used metal halide before, my tanks are straight t5. I plan to use the 150w 14k fixture it comes with and supplement that with 2 actintic t5 bulbs for a dawn and dusk period. I'm growing mostly zoas. blasto and rics and love thier color under the t5. How differently do zoas color up and grow under halide compared to t5?

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stock 14k bulb sucks in color, but since you have actinics it may be alright. I use the 150w 14k Phoenix and love it! Beware the intensity towards the center of the lighting area, your blastos probably won't like it directly under the light.

Back