AQUARIUM CLEANING SERVICE!!!

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a high school student looking to start up a small fish tank cleaning business. For a quick background, I have loved fish my entire life, but was just able to get into the hobby 3 years ago. I started off with a freshwater tank, then upgraded to another, then another, until it got to the point where I had a 35g (I know that’s not too big, but for a kid who just entered the hobby a year prior, it was pretty awesome).I started doing hours of research every day, eventually finding out that owning, and maintaining, a reef tank was not as difficult as I thought. Fast forward two years later, and I have a fully established freshwater tank and a newly cycled reef tank (it may have been a little harder than I thought on my first attempt, but that just intrigued me to do more research and learn more). Throughout all these years, the thing I learned about the most is filtration and maintenance. That’s why I decided to help others out by cleaning their freshwater and saltwater (fowlr and reef) tanks, and even doing water tests on them. I only am only available in places in an hour radius of Cherry Hill, NJ (includes very north Delaware, Philly and some places around philly, almost all of south jersey, some of central jersey. In order to travel farther, I charge $1 per every minute of extra driving. If interested in my services, text me at 1-(856) 417-2970.

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$60 an hour for driving is pretty good $!
I honestly just realized it is kinda dumb to have money for driving. I don’t know why I put it there in the first place. I should just leave it as an hour away max.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly just realized it is kinda dumb to have money for driving. I don’t know why I put it there in the first place. I should just leave it as an hour away max.
You’re in high school , and more importantly, a reefer… we forgive you!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually aquarium maintenance is probably the best business model for the aquarium industry. You should consider the bookkeeping, taxes, and insurance that will help protect you and your business. Wish you well on your endeavor and travel costs should be added especially in today's high fuel costs.

AlgaeBeater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ASWoodsy! Young Aquapreneur! Awesome.
Are you starting up a legit maintenance business or, a side hustle while in school?
Are you operating now? Or, thinking/making plans?

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ASWoodsy! Young Aquapreneur! Awesome.
Are you starting up a legit maintenance business or, a side hustle while in school?
Are you operating now? Or, thinking/making plans?
I am starting a little side hustle on the side of school, and it is operating now, and Im available most weekends, afternoons, and minor holidays.

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for you! If you need a hand/info/advice or have any questions, let me know. Happy to help.
Been doing aquarium service work here for about 20 years.
Have you been doing it as part of the hobby or as a job in a business?

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to add aquarium 'sitting' , this alone will hopefully build up your client base, 2-4 visits a week, if you can maintain an average setup, read instructions prepared by owner, best way forward is experience

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to add aquarium 'sitting' , this alone will hopefully build up your client base, 2-4 visits a week, if you can maintain an average setup, read instructions prepared by owner, best way forward is experience
I do also do that, i just forgot to add it to the list, and now I can’t edit it.

AlgaeBeater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been doing it as part of the hobby or as a job in a business?
Was a hobbyist, many years before I started doing it as a work.
Stared with a job working as a Jr Algae Scrubber for a larger aquarium maintenance company longtime ago. Then moved to a new city, took a job at a LFS and started doing service work as a side-hustle.
Not a hobby anymore! Definitely a job/biz now! But, I have the coolest job in the world and, I’ve been able to do things with aquariums that I would never be able to accomplish as a hobbyist. :)

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a hobbyist, many years before I started doing it as a work.
Stared with a job working as a Jr Algae Scrubber for a larger aquarium maintenance company longtime ago. Then moved to a new city, took a job at a LFS and started doing service work as a side-hustle.
Not a hobby anymore! Definitely a job/biz now! But, I have the coolest job in the world and, I’ve been able to do things with aquariums that I would never be able to accomplish as a hobbyist. :)
That sounds really cool! Hopefully I can do stuff like that.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it up! Think about facebook or Craig’s list to generate more business. Can be rewarding work but have an idea about what happens when a customer isn’t happy or a tank crashes (it does happen).

I’m not in the service business but I’m in the aquarium industry raising and growing fish.

Back