Aquarium cooling fans?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mykulak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Just wanted to say thanks to all. I went with the Honeywell model.
It's arriving on monday :)

f4086ab23c3346ab38bfffc47fac6232.jpg


b889b4740453f999f8a282ffc65d894f.jpg
 
Last edited:
HAHAHA! That's EXACTLY what I use. I had one laying around, so I hooked it up to the Apex. Works well, but the darn thing is loud! :)


I use 2 of em! Lol they move a lot of air quick


!
f3ae8c6d0d3098e3b55477d007981dce.jpg
 
I use 2 of em! Lol they move a lot of air quick


!
f3ae8c6d0d3098e3b55477d007981dce.jpg

I'm still looking to change to a sleeker design for aesthetic reasons, but the fan I have works well right now. And, it was a quick, cheap retrofit.
 
I use the Ice Cap 3.5" fans in my cabinet and their thermostatically controlled. Keep my sump pretty cool. A little noisy at full speed. I have one pushing and one pulling air.
 
FWIW - I used to use the Honeywell fan as well in my stand above the sump. However, I wanted something more sleek that did not take up so much room. I went to Walmart and found a 10# box fan completely made of plastic for $10 on sale:
9e7360d7-cfc8-4229-b753-9607cc9087ef_1.68ff2225d354a1330c43faa301bccfe5.jpeg

Does the job perfectly and I can mount it much higher up in the stand giving more room to work below.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new