• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aquarium Depot: BEWARE

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the 3rd of July I ordered 2000 pods from Aquarium Depot. I understand the order was submitted over a holiday weekend, but they didn't ship until the following week, the 11th of July.

I'm guessing they didn't enter my address correctly, because the shipment sat at the USPS office in FL for almost two full business days in 'pending acceptance' status, generally a concern when dealing with livestock. I contacted them on the afternoon of the 13th via email to bring the issue to their attention and asked for help, but received no reply.

Suffice to say, not only has the delivery not been received, but even if it did arrive, after a week of being packaged up and baking in a box, I'm sure the critters would be DOA in any event.

Over the course of four or five emails and web form contacts asking for assistance, there has been no reply at all and no action taken by them. Even their phone number is not functional.

What amazes me is the general lack of professionalism of vendors in this trade. There seems to be no interest in customer relations or willingness to make things right. In two online orders - this one, and another order to Aquarium Connections (a/k/a 'AquaCON'), I've had two miserable experiences.

I have pasted below as a reference, and for your consideration, the last email sent and message I submitted (which makes it the 4th or 5th attempt) and I have also included tracking information as proof of both the incompetence of the USPS (your tax dollars at work!) and the lack of concern evidenced by this vendor.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

TUESDAY, 7/19 via Email:

Subject: Order not received (# 108059)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 13:28:31 -0400
To: [email protected]

I have not received this order despite what the tracking information shows, and have been concerned about the delivery for over a week since it was stuck in FL for two full days in 'pending acceptance' status. I have checked our local mail room and our community administration office, nobody has seen anything.

I've been receiving deliveries for both personal and business at this address for nearly three years now, so I know it's not a failure on this side and I'm sure everything in there will be dead as a doonail even if we can figure out where the package actually is.

Can I ask you to please re-ship the order using the EXACT address below, SPECIFICALLY in the order you see it - street address first then the mail box number on the second line?

<My Home Address>

Please feel free to contact me directly by phone (XXX-XXX-XXXX) or email to discuss.

Thanks in advance!

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

TUESDAY, 7/19 via WebForm

This is my third or fourth contact to you requesting assistance from you regarding the above order which has NOT been received. There were delays in FL on the way here, and the order has NOT been delivered. It's simply not possible for a package to go be in Tampa at 6AM and then back up to PA at Noon. Even the President of the United States can't get from Florida to Pennsylvania in six hours. See the tracking report below.

I have asked twice to please re-ship my order. All I'm asking for is a replacement for what I paid for, that's not unreasonable. Please respond soon, your silence is becoming very disturbing and shaking my confidence in your company.

Shipment Activity
Most Recent
July 18 - 12:33 PMDelivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail RoomHawley, PA
July 18 - 6:08 AMArrived at Post OfficeSaint petersburg, FL

July 17 - 4:33 AMArrived at USPS Regional FacilityYbor city fl distribution center
July 16 - 4:45 AMDeparted USPS Regional FacilityPhiladelphia pa network distribution center
July 16 - 12:51 AMArrived at USPS Regional Destination FacilityPhiladelphia pa network distribution center
July 15 - 9:47 AMReturn to Sender ProcessedHawley, PA
July 15 - 9:36 AMInsufficient AddressHawley, PA
July 14 - 2:29 PMArrived at Post OfficeHawley, PA
July 14 - 1:03 PMDeparted USPS Regional FacilityScranton pa distribution center
July 14 - 12:41 PMArrived at USPS Regional Destination FacilityScranton pa distribution center
July 14 - 7:45 AMArrived at USPS Regional Destination FacilityPhiladelphia pa distribution center
July 13 - 5:35 PMDeparted USPS Origin FacilityTampa, FL
July 13 - 5:35 PMArrived at USPS Origin FacilityTampa, FL
July 13 - 4:20 PMAccepted at USPS Origin FacilityTampa, FL
July 12 - 3:45 PMShipment Received, Package Acceptance PendingTampa, FL
July 12 - 9:52 AMShipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting ItemTampa, FL

Last edited:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back