AQuarium Depot reviews

zma21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my order from Aquarium Depot today.

11 various types of zoa's, mushrooms, acro's etc. All dead. Water was 40*. Shipping was supposed to take <3 days, ended up taking 6. It was a $50 order, so not too incredibly upset, but I hope they make this right. I also hope they ship correctly in the future, as animals died here for no good reason.

Taking pictures is going to be a real pain in the butt. Everything is mush and only 3 bags were labeled.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always paid for the quickest shipping option. After 3 orders, all with DOA's, they have made my "Do not order from" list. Don't care if they honor their supposed warranty or not. Just like (when I worked for Petco), losses are acceptable to them as a part of doing business. It is not acceptable to me however. I left Petco because of it and refuse to buy from AD for the same reason.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, terrible company with irresponsible shipping policies. Free shipping = usps standard mail. I wouldn't ship a postcard at that level of service let alone live animals.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, terrible company with irresponsible shipping policies. Free shipping = usps standard mail. I wouldn't ship a postcard at that level of service let alone live animals.

It seems almost every piece of coral coming from there is a challenge to save.

veechoda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 10 Peppermints from them about 2 weeks ago for the display tanks at my job. They never sent an email saying the order had shipped so I assumed they weren't on their way yet. But, I come in after having the day off to a box in my chair. No live animal stickers, nothing to indicate what it is. So out of the 10, I had 4 survivors.
The only bonus is they refunded my money for the 6 promptly. PS for $3 was too good to pass up, but I won't be buying from them again. Especially not after reading through this.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 10 Peppermints from them about 2 weeks ago for the display tanks at my job. They never sent an email saying the order had shipped so I assumed they weren't on their way yet. But, I come in after having the day off to a box in my chair. No live animal stickers, nothing to indicate what it is. So out of the 10, I had 4 survivors.
The only bonus is they refunded my money for the 6 promptly. PS for $3 was too good to pass up, but I won't be buying from them again. Especially not after reading through this.

Wow promptly even?! Your lucky!

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow :eek:

You're a frequent flyer @stevo01? o_O

I know a local (for me) guy who is has been aquaculturing before most of the major players in the industry were. He sells on ebay primarily. If you want his ebay id PM me. He's got great stuff taken under white lights and his prices aren't premium prices. My friend here has visited him in person (soon as my bryopsis is gone I will be going to visit his facility and buying some stuff) he's a good guy, living the dream.

There are SO many small, independent guys out there, that are just killing it, who really deserve the support of guys like y'all. Everyone of them, that I have met, will go out of their way to make sure that you get the best stuff (including service). It won't just save you money in the longrun but you will experience happiness like Christmas morning instead of heartache when you open the package!

My rant for the day: Stop giving your money to shops like AD, that don't care about the livestock or you! They need to go out of business! Support the independent reefers' doing it the responsible, right way! :)

Just my $.02 (it's worth what you paid for it;))

technojunky101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used them before and really happy only time seems they really have issues is when they run huge sales they over sell and probably rush frags out 2 fast. But like anywhere else everything should be dipped and never use water no matter where comes from.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow :eek:

You're a frequent flyer @stevo01? o_O

I know a local (for me) guy who is has been aquaculturing before most of the major players in the industry were. He sells on ebay primarily. If you want his ebay id PM me. He's got great stuff taken under white lights and his prices aren't premium prices. My friend here has visited him in person (soon as my bryopsis is gone I will be going to visit his facility and buying some stuff) he's a good guy, living the dream.

There are SO many small, independent guys out there, that are just killing it, who really deserve the support of guys like y'all. Everyone of them, that I have met, will go out of their way to make sure that you get the best stuff (including service). It won't just save you money in the longrun but you will experience happiness like Christmas morning instead of heartache when you open the package!

My rant for the day: Stop giving your money to shops like AD, that don't care about the livestock or you! They need to go out of business! Support the independent reefers' doing it the responsible, right way! :)

Just my $.02 (it's worth what you paid for it;))

Not a frequent flyer. 3 times, and all 3 times it wasnt very good. I guess if you want coral for cheap and are willing to go through a lot of hassle it can be worth it. Its a good mushroom source....i guess...

Doran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they were my only source I'd just quit hobby.....bad for consumers, bad business practices, bad for environment, in my opinion dishonest. There are their assets. I will not go into my opinion of what they do bad or poorly......

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had seen this post a last month. I had a gift card I used on their small clean up crew and 5 of the snails arrived dead. The shipping was the free shipping and I think it took too long. They did refund the snails the next day.
Was feeling brave so I ordered $100 worth of stuff a few weeks ago. The shipping ice pack was HOT, very HOT. The chaeto looks great but the 1000 pack of pods had most of them dead. But how are you going to prove that 3/4 of them are dead without counting? Got some more snails and they lived and are doing well. Stupid me also added 3 corals from the $5 bin. It was serious bait and switch IMO. Frags look nothing like the pictures...colors are not even close! I would have sworn they would all die but so far they are holding on. Worse looking coral frags I have ever seen. I will get local from now on unless I pay for overnight shipping.

AD is dead to me now.

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be worse, I not only got bad corals (I ordered around 10 corals and around 5 survived), but also a zoa fungus and bubble algae, cyano, hair, etc which had never been in my system before. I got some really good corals (all the LPS I ordered are great) but the bad outweighed the good by far.

Doran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful of their offers, not just their products which as you have heard are bad, and often wrongly packaged. If you buy too much bogo items they will simply short your order....period. I also found when I bought 4 sets of bogo pods and they sent one, I disputed when they said too bad (I had bought too much) and when I disputed they showed they shipped a package and the card will never take the loss....so I did.

Bad products, bad practices...no way to overstate how bad a group hey are. Look for theirreputation under their old name. Reefs2go

hubble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mixed results. But I do like there live pods, thats about the only thing I get from them anymore..........

Doran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes....I liked their Pods.....this was what I used to do...order 4 at bogo so I would receive 8 bags. That got me over their shipping for free threshold. Later when they reaised that I would by 2-4 bogo and a free shipping snail pack to again not pay shipping. These Bogo pods where what they intentionally shorted me on - twice before I disputed. In fact their invoice even showed they sent 1 pack and 1 bogo when I have rordered 4...so i was shorted 6. Their response was yeah you took advantage of our sale so we are making it us.......

Frag'gle Rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180413_203313.jpg 20180413_203313.jpg Hiya all. Too bad I found this thread too late. I lucked out with these guys I guess. At least until the last shipment. 4 DOA'S and still not sure what started it, but everything melted. Frags that had survived a mini crash in January were stripped in 12 hours. My other reefer inputs suggested a snowball effect from toxins of the dying stuff irritating my collection into putting out their toxins. LESSON LEARNED. Got my replacement shipment yesterday, after a month of b.s. and it looks like they're all dying in the QT. Too much to handle going through the stress again. You win this round (AD), crappy as it was. Already sad enough to have to look at the bare tank everyday. Never chancing another purchase through them.

Doran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go look up Reefs2go. That’s their other/previous name. They changed it due to so much negative feedback also check R2G on better business bureau.....they have so many incidents reported there it’s unbeleiveable..

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda wish they were on here so we could actually here from them. I know one of their big problems on BBB is they often don’t respond to problems and complaints. They have an awesome selection and crazy prices, but their stocks health is often worse than getting all dead corals because of all the disease on them, on top of that they’re really difficult to deal with.

Frag'gle Rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go look up Reefs2go. That’s their other/previous name. They changed it due to so much negative feedback also check R2G on better business bureau.....they have so many incidents reported there it’s unbeleiveable..
Yeah, they have an F rating on the BBB as Aquarium Depot too.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back