• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aquarium Engineering 12" Protein Skimmer

Reef-Engineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have for sale a large Aquarium Engineering Protein Skimmer. It is the 12" diameter model and total height is about 58" (skimmer body is about 34", cone about 6", cup about 18")
I was going to run it on a 450g system, it could skim that up to 2000g (probably way more, it is amazing).

Worth noting (you can see in the pictures): I also have a body for the skimmer that is 48" tall, which with the cup and cone would come to about 62" tall and could skim thousands of gallons (2 Guys Corals just bought one to run their whole new shop on of this size). If interested in the bigger setup, we could talk.

I ran the 58" tall skimmer for about a month breaking in a system, but now I have to move and the skimmer has to go. It worked awesome, ill try to put pics/video to show that.

It is big. It would not be fun to ship. I am in the Central Coast of California, so hopefully finding someone in LA/SF or closer, but if I had to ship it I think I could safely, at buyers expense (I have a shipping account though, would not be a ton).

Features:
- Reeflo Orca needle wheel pump
- Fed by an Alita 40 Air pump (included)
- Auto neck washdown system driven by Sicce pump (integrated into skimmer)
- Auto cup washdown system ready, just needs a pump from water source of your choice
- LARGE collection cup with drain
- Spears gate valve for tuning water level in skimmer
- Vent line from skimmer cup to pipe all the stinky humid air anywhere you choose (I pumped in external air from outside and vented the exhaust outside)
- All PVC construction, very durable (and heavy)
- Normal MSRP $3200
- My price for 58" tall setup: $1900 obo (you wont find a big skimmer for a better deal!)

62975347299__E321AC69-F263-46CB-ABD4-5C5D0801C6D9.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

62043946798__F8DAA2D3-4543-419C-9F0C-16685D73A84C.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

Kris4647

Rare Clownfish anemone aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those Orca needle wheels are incredible, does the alita pump directly into the educter/Venturi?

Bill builds some crazy stuff.

bump, glws

OP
OP
Reef-Engineer

Reef-Engineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The alita pumps in and output is right at the ORCA intake, so Orca sucks in Air/Water. I made a T in the Air input line so I could adjust how much air was going into the skimmer to fine tune the bubble head. Worked great.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back