Aquarium Engineering ACR

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be noted I'm pleased with the delay in that I received the new version with several upgrades/improvements over the version I originally agreed to purchase.

Dan Rigle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a new version
I see a purge valve I believe. If so, this should correct my current issue of exhausted co2 gas being trapped.

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going off memory as I'm not at the office currently but...
Yes he adding an auto CO2 purge and has an upgrade kit as of May 15th. May or may not be standard now as not everyone has needed it. Changing the purge rate can also change the internal pH and thus what kind of media you can use. Those that are purging seem to vary between once a day to once a week.

Other recent changes in last ~3 months (possibly missing some) :
- Effluent port off the bottom to better drain and other benefits.
- Pinch valves instead of standard solenoids so saltwater never contacts the mechanism and logically should last much longer. Replace the tubes once a year to avoid them going flat.
- Improved lid.
- Included instructions.
- I added a second solenoid setup to the unit as a leak detection fail safe. It's on the feed line and stays open as long as there is power. If Power is cut or a leak detected the unit closes off on both ends. Can also be used to better control the unit (I believe) with an Apex if you are daring but it's generally recommended against as it can quickly crash a tank if Apex Trident malfunctions. Lastly it can be scavenged for parts in an emergency until replacements arrive.

Dan Rigle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going off memory as I'm not at the office currently but...
Yes he adding an auto CO2 purge and has an upgrade kit as of May 15th. May or may not be standard now as not everyone has needed it. Changing the purge rate can also change the internal pH and thus what kind of media you can use. Those that are purging seem to vary between once a day to once a week.

Other recent changes in last ~3 months (possibly missing some) :
- Effluent port off the bottom to better drain and other benefits.
- Pinch valves instead of standard solenoids so saltwater never contacts the mechanism and logically should last much longer. Replace the tubes once a year to avoid them going flat.
- Improved lid.
- Included instructions.
- I added a second solenoid setup to the unit as a leak detection fail safe. It's on the feed line and stays open as long as there is power. If Power is cut or a leak detected the unit closes off on both ends. Can also be used to better control the unit (I believe) with an Apex if you are daring but it's generally recommended against as it can quickly crash a tank if Apex Trident malfunctions. Lastly it can be scavenged for parts in an emergency until replacements arrive.
Thanks for the info. Are the purge units available that you know of. I'm in need. I purge every 3 days currently

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connected and cleaned up the reactor.
Getting Alk to rise but I've been been balancing out my kalk reactor at the same time to avoid pH swings.

I also added another solenoid to use as an auto CO2 purge once a week.
IMG_20200626_163414.jpg
FB_IMG_1595018284159.jpg
Screenshot_20200717-153421.png

Back