• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aquarium Engineering Automatic Calcium Reactor

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to sell this a while ago, but did not have any bites. Thought I would try again. I bought this CaRX from Aquarium Engineering a while ago, and have not set it up as my tank still doesn’t have the demand to require its use. It is brand new, has never seen any water or media.

This is the 8” single (non-stacked) version. I am asking $1000 shipped for this.

85D46335-8E6D-4B75-94A6-6F8325EEA532.jpeg

78041142-5E1A-4C37-997E-265F7BF505EA.jpeg

489F7504-DAA0-4A90-A053-A7BA0CD4BD96.jpeg

7DB4EDD9-55C4-4168-B417-CD7CDB4175AB.jpeg

These are $1300 new on the Aquarium Engineering site. I am selling because I have decided to use 2 part on the system once it is ready for supplementation. I may try a CaRX if my demand goes high enough, but that will be a while yet.

Thanks for looking.

OP
OP
C

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these things are sooo nice and easy to use. I wish i would have gone this route. It cost me about the same for the setup im running.
Thanks for the feedback. It's not too late for you have one. LOL. ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

What reactor did you end up going with and how do you like it??

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the geo and a carbon doser regulator. I like it. It works but needs fiddling every once in a while. Where as the AE you have I believe takes a little of the guess work out, and I believe it does some of the adjustments for you. I think at the time I set mine up they were still 14-1500 bucks.

In hindsight it would have been worth it. I’ve had the geo have issues and not run correctly I’ve also had to mod it to keep from building up co2 and stalling the circulation pump and lost some corals from alk swings.

OP
OP
C

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the geo and a carbon doser regulator. I like it. It works but needs fiddling every once in a while. Where as the AE you have I believe takes a little of the guess work out, and I believe it does some of the adjustments for you. I think at the time I set mine up they were still 14-1500 bucks.

In hindsight it would have been worth it. I’ve had the geo have issues and not run correctly I’ve also had to mod it to keep from building up co2 and stalling the circulation pump and lost some corals from alk swings.
Geo has been around a long time and I know some guys that swear by them. Not a bad choice at all.

Gj504504

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested what is meant by automatic does this set it self to maintain Cal levels

OP
OP
C

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly. It maintains the pH in the reactor automatically by running at full saturation. It does this by maintaining a CO2 bubble at the top of the reactor. There is a float switch inside the reactor which tells the controller when it needs more CO2 so you can use a standard two stage regulator rather than an expensive carbon doser or other electronic regulator.

it also has a valve in the controls that opens and closes the output so that you just set a timing factor to control your dosing. No drip rate to set or need for a peristaltic pump, it is all done by the controller. More like setting up a dosing pump. I probably didn’t explain this very well, but here is the manufacturers webpage that describes it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back