Aquarium Fantasies

BamaFan13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone done any business with the new Aquarium Fantasies location in Homewood? I'm planning on making a trip there but wanted to get a heads up on them.

WestPat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went there today. Good quality healthy livestock. Jim was there and spent a lot of time adressing my questions. Glad to have a true reef store back in Birmingham. A little small but lives up to the qualiy that Jim is known for in Montgomery!
David W.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take plenty of money from what I have heard he is proud of what he has and dont let it go cheap.FWIW

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...I dont have any personal problems with jim...His dry goods are a great price,but his livestock isnt...and this is all in my opinion...I have a business liscence and make orders from the west coast every week...I truly know how much everything cost..whats funny is that there is hardly any mark up on dry goods or equipment...the livestock is whats cheap..atleast if its not aussie!!! acans,scolys,chalice ect...the whole reason I did what I did is for the reason that there are people in this hobby that cant afford the $80 sps frags and $300 brown acans...a rock of yellow polyps cost me about $12..throw in a box charge and shipping and yeah shipping eats me up,but after its said and done maybe it cost me a whopping $14..and to go see frags of yellow polyps for $25 is just kinda crazy to me...everybody has opinions and they should do what they wanna do...I personaly would rather get people a good deal for there hard earned money and at the same time move more product...a $300 acan might sale but a $200 dollar acan will sale alot faster...I think jim has a very nice shop for what it is...but its not always the big people that spend money....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back