aquarium food boosters

  • Thread starter Thread starter wysiwyg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
32
Location
portage wi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im an avid user of selcon concentrate a food booster that adds vitamins and fatty acids and lipids to your tank/food when soaked any one else add or soak there foods in these food boosters
 
When I first started in the hobby i used Selcon every time I fed. But once I used up the bottle I couldn't find it locally so I stopped for several years. Last month I found some again and have been using it about 3-4 times a week on frozen foods which I thaw before feeding. One reason I wanted to try it again is that my female clown sometimes takes a pretty big chunk out of my Potters angel's tail when she gets to close to her frogspawn. I wanted to be sure the Potters was getting as much nutrition as possible to help repair her tail. I think its been a pretty positive addition to their food, as the tail heals up and looks good as new within 7-10 days.
 
I was using zoecon but have switched to brightwell minomega and they seem to have better colors and over all health. my goby is always getting to close to the clowns and there nem so he get's bit up on his fin's but they heal up with in a day or two. and my pj cardinals have nice colors.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new