Aquarium Lighting best for growing

  • Thread starter Thread starter techhnyne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

techhnyne

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2017
Messages
529
Reaction score
149
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
I recently purchased a really good and expensive set of lights(do not want to mention because I want this to be about the light schedule not the product)
I have a small amount of coral which I intend to get more and grow everything.

My question is does anyone know what kind of light schedule is best for growing? right now my tank is on a daylight schedule where my lights are on daylight for like 10 hours. I was curious if this is any good or should i go more blueish during the day with less white light?

Has there been better grown under certain light patters?
 
I have a channel t5' fixture and run 2 HO led bars.
Leds run full time. 10:30 am_11:30 pm
Channel 1 runs 11:30 am- 10:30 pm
Channel 2 runs 1:00 pm- 6:00 pm

I had good growth and over all very healthy corals.
Sps dominant
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new