Aquarium Overhal

Batman222b

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2020
Messages
114
Reaction score
25
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of adding new silicon to an old tank. While doing this, I've noticed some light scratches on the tank. It's a dry tank. Was reading about buffing out the scratches, but then a few had warned about doing this as it can make the glass cloudy if not done correctly. Is this true? Other ideas as to how to remove the scratches? None are deep. Did the fingernail test. Thanks!!!
 
I'm in the process of adding new silicon to an old tank. While doing this, I've noticed some light scratches on the tank. It's a dry tank. Was reading about buffing out the scratches, but then a few had warned about doing this as it can make the glass cloudy if not done correctly. Is this true? Other ideas as to how to remove the scratches? None are deep. Did the fingernail test. Thanks!!!

New silicon over old won’t bond. Why are you adding more silicon?

There’s no good way that I’m aware of to polish out scratches in a glass panel of a tank.
 
Scraped all of the old off. I know that there are products that will take care of scratches. Some are used by automotive centers. Buffing light scratches will work, but I'm afraid of cloudiness if I don't do it right. I'm someone has done this. Thanks!!
 
I know some one who received a new tank from a manufacturer who had attempted to buff out scratches on the front panel and the cloudiness wasn't visible until after he filled the tank.
I would live with the scratches if it were me. It will lessen the blow when you put your own first scratch in 😉
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new