Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
..possible :) ...;)LOL
WP_20200228_16_37_23_Pro.jpg
OMG!!!!... words fail me... my dream tank...

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im actually in Lancaster/Palmdale area but LA is just easier to say to most people lol. Im going to check out some LFS this weekend to things out.
Is there a 75 gallon that you would recommend ?
As the guy pushing DIY I would say a standard 75 gallon is 4ft long. Drill with an overflow to a 30 gallon or 40 breeder sump and your set. Dollar a gallon sale would get those aquariums for under 150. You can also find that setup pretty common on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace.

New, most complete setups at 4 ft would usually be in the 90 gallon range. But there are tons of options.

OP
OP
GermanDreams

GermanDreams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the guy pushing DIY I would say a standard 75 gallon is 4ft long. Drill with an overflow to a 30 gallon or 40 breeder sump and your set. Dollar a gallon sale would get those aquariums for under 150. You can also find that setup pretty common on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace.

New, most complete setups at 4 ft would usually be in the 90 gallon range. But there are tons of options.

This is deffiently something im going to look into. I like the idea of dropping more money into a complete setup but the DIY part of me says this would leave money for other projects lol

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
happy hunting,look for complete up and running system,can most likely find 75-180 ,in your price range ;) if need advive at tearing down and resetting up immediately ..tag me ;):cool:

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im actually in Lancaster/Palmdale area but LA is just easier to say to most people lol. Im going to check out some LFS this weekend to things out.
Is there a 75 gallon that you would recommend ?
Do yourself a favor, don’t check out the one in Lancaster, very high priced, not clean tanks. Go over the hill and check some out. You’re better prices are online.

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is deffiently something im going to look into. I like the idea of dropping more money into a complete setup but the DIY part of me says this would leave money for other projects lol
Welcome to the dark side! Or light side depending on how you look at it!

OP
OP
GermanDreams

GermanDreams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do yourself a favor, don’t check out the one in Lancaster, very high priced, not clean tanks. Go over the hill and check some out. You’re better prices are online.

I think I know what store you talking about. There is one in Lancaster that is HORRIBLE. Bad service, dirty tanks, and way overpriced. There is a couple other small ones that aren't bad though.
My plan was to check out the ones over the hill. I know a few that are super far from me.

OP
OP
GermanDreams

GermanDreams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling you are like me and have a garage full of hobbies many reefers do.

Besides I don't smoke. To expensive lol
a few of my current hobbies include; bass boat, 71 c10 and 2019 ram (That don't include the daily driver cars), wood working, welding, TV/audio equipment (living room, garage, and office), guns, compound bows, computer equipment, BBQs and Smokers (I have propane, hardwood and pellet). My wife thinks I have a problem and she might be right !
I move around at what hobby I'm funding for the month or period of time lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back