Aquarium Sealer Issue??

  • Thread starter Thread starter fragman2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fragman2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
335
Reaction score
91
Location
Seattle Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used an old half full tube of GE silicone II that I applied yesterday when I was re-sepaling a couple of seams on my 50 gallon corner tank. The stuff isn’t curing. I’ve never seen this before, it’s approximately 12 hours later and it’s still tacky. My question is: should I just be patient and let it dry? Or is it time to clean it off and buy a new tube of aquarium silicon? Yes there’s damp sand in the tank in a teeny tiny amount of water in the bottom so it’s certainly a high humidity scenario. I put a fan on it this morning and so far “it ain’t drying”.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new