Aquarium Specialty Live Sale begins soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only had room for one, so I waited for the special black one that I wanted.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scott, what's the best way to contact you to sort out a shipping day for the clams?

Thanks for the sale!

Trijer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats great Wendy, I am wanting to try one but have not gotten up the nerve yet, I wish you much luck and enjoyment with it!

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been waiting for a long time to settle on a clam that I really wanted. I even came home from MACNA clam-less. I am very happy!

That makes me happy especially since I couldn't make it to MACNA due to an overnight hospital visit...feeling better now. This was fun and we will do it again sometime in the near future. Maybe next time we will do a mix of corals and clams.

Last edited:

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man, congratulations on that clam, Wendy, it is amazing!

gotta go guys, glws today!

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our 1st live sale. We will keep the sale prices up on the site throughout the day today and then we will raise them back to normal by the end of the day. Enjoy the weekend! We are signing off for now.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much! I have had them in the past, just not recently. I will post a photo when I get it.

Thats great Wendy, I am wanting to try one but have not gotten up the nerve yet, I wish you much luck and enjoyment with it!

informusa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott,
My clam arrived partially open and smelled very bad. Never reacted on the light change and this morning it looks just like it smelled yesterday when it arrived... :(

- Igor

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did mine. Was dead hours later. Makes me ill to think that I finally settled on one special clam and it never stood a chance.

Scott,
My clam arrived partially open and smelled very bad. Never reacted on the light change and this morning it looks just like it smelled yesterday when it arrived... :(

- Igor

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering if this is the total extent on loose of these clams., that we are going to get., "Gee Im sorry to hear that and I am on vacation right now"
. That was $500 clam When you opened the bag the smell knocked you backwards. I gave R2R sponsor a chance firse and I do not feel that I will do that again.if they dont make an attempt to clean up this mess.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something must have happened to a couple of these shipments during shipping. I believe the heat pack in one shipment got too hot and heated the box too much. The clams were in great shape when they left here. We have had no losses on any of these clams while they were in our possession and we still have several leftover from these 2 shipments.

This time of year the temperatures can get pretty low at night so we put a heat pack in each shipping box. Maybe that was the issue. Wendy, please give me a call today. We have already taken care of Igor and I need to talk to you if you are available today. He said the water in the box was pretty warm so I suspect that's happened to his. It's a shame and a loss for us and the clams but we will take care of you.

Last edited:

Barron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, I have not heard from you since last week after informing you of the 3 dead clams and the shipment of the small blue clam. Whats up?

Barron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it was the heat pack. The water was cold when I opened the box. Whats not making any sense is that the Blue Squamosa lived but the Tahitians died. After spending about 1K on 4 clams I would think your response would be quicker. Please call me, you have my number. Our first conversation was friendly and by email, I didn't want to post it on the forum but now after waiting a week, Whats up??????

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think after this amount of time has passed, I would like to have this information available for other forum members to read and I would also like to have your attempt at repairing this available for them to read also.
We all purchased in good faith that we would get healthy clams. That was three weeks ago. You have had plenty of time to contact us by telephone if you would have wished to. We notified you promptly of the problems.

Last edited:

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott and I have worked out an agreement that the next black maxima that he gets in, he will send to me. I was offered a store credit, but I preferred just to have the clam. I will post again when I get it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back