Aquarium Specialty -Not so Good

  • Thread starter Thread starter LILBUDDHA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2009
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
207
Location
Eastern NC
I posted this yesterday on another site . I didn't get an email ,pm , nasty gram .Nothing It just disappeared .
If this one get's gone then oh well ...

Here was the original post .

Just the facts ...


As much as I hate to say it or even post this . I have not had good experiences with Aquarium Specialty .
I have been looking at the RLSS 6 I skimmer for quite some time .
I looked at a post a little after the 27th with AS stating they had them in stock.
Their website also stated the item usually ships within 24-48 hours from Manu.
I took a chance on Dec 2nd and ordered the skimmer and a few other items.
After the order was processed . I was advised by them that the skimmer was not in stock but would ship next week . WOW gone that quick ..
I got the other items in to find that their website was incorrect . I ordered C balance gallon refills but they sent 2 / 32 ounce bottles . I got in contact with them and they agreed the website was in error . My options were to send the item back or keep with a credit . I opted to send the item back with another item . The items returned was signed by them on the 20th of Dec . I have yet to see any adjustment for those items .
I have been back and forth with them on the arrival of the skimmer . I was advised that there was a strike in Long Beach and said item would be delayed .
Here is the weird part . The strike took place between Nov 27th and ended Dec 5th . Why would they advise me the skimmer would be shipped during the week of the 10th to the 14th when this strike was going on?
I have yet to see anyone share their model 6 on this forum .
So after that week with no skimmer in hand ,I contacted them again . I was advised due to the Holidays the shipment would arrive to them on either Monday the 24th or Weds the 26th .
Their website as of today advises pre-order arriving soon to them ???. Why even state ships from Manu within 24-48 hrs ?
ON a side note . I ordered a skimmer in the past that arrived broken . Of course the shipper was at fault but I just must have back luck with Aquarium Specialty.
More than likely will have to just find another skimmer as I have sold my other one. I have been skimmer less for almost a month.. Yes my fault .
Looks like I will also have to proly cancel the skimmer unless it miraculously shows up.
This will definitely be my last order from them .
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new