Aquarium stores in San Antonio Texas

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be visiting San Antonio Texas in a few weeks. Actually it will be in the New Braunfel area. Can you recommend any Aqurium stores that would be good to visit. Thanks for your help.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be visiting San Antonio Texas in a few weeks. Actually it will be in the New Braunfel area. Can you recommend any Aqurium stores that would be good to visit. Thanks for your help.

Easy - just did this for another person on our local board not too long ago:

Here are five that I've been to and would recommend:

Salty Fish: 5535 Brewster St, San Antonio, TX 78233

Very knowledgeable owner (Terry), good selection of fish and a decent collection of SPS/LPS/softies/some inverts. They were setting up a new SPS frag tank last time I was there.

Elegant Reef: 301 W Nakoma Dr, San Antonio, TX 78216

Nice fish and a selection of LPS and softies. Mark, the store manager, is very knowledgeable. Best pricing for food and dry goods.

Aquarium Designs: 15229 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, TX 78232

Good people, nice sized selection of fish and usually a fairly decent selection of coral. They turn a lot of product so there is always something new in there. Expensive for dry goods.

South Seas Aquatics: 5440 Babcock Rd A133, San Antonio, TX 78240

Usually has a larger collection of SPS/LPS frags including "named" varieties. Decent variety of fish every time I've been in there. They say they have a quarantine system for incoming livestock, not sure if they do or don't but their fish always look healthy.

Texas Tropical and Marine: 4034 Vance Jackson Rd, San Antonio, TX 78213

Cheapest place in town for any size tank.

Last edited:

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P.S. - While in New Braunfels, go up I-35 a few exits and eat at Cooper's BBQ. You'll thank me for it. Now mind you this isn't your Cackalacky style all shredded and vinegary-mustard pork on a plate style BBQ; it's the REAL stuff. :D

(Just kidding - I like your BBQ too!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bj’s Reef

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information. You know I’m gonna have to hit all those shops up.Sierra thanks for the heads up on the bbq. I will try it.

OP
OP
Bj’s Reef

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sierra, you were right. Cooper's BBQ was so good. We ate there twice while we were in Texas. It didn't help my blood pressure though. But you only live once.

Back