Aquarium Supply Online

  • Thread starter Thread starter broncspur
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

broncspur

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently purchased inovative marine desktop 20
I habe been looking for a decent protien skimmer. I have read reviews talked to companies, searched. I finally talked to the owner of aquarium supply online. He is nothing short of delightful. I got the red starfish SQ 70. It fits nicely in chamber #2. Within 10 minutes it was skimming nicely. Following directions place it at tje level recommended and it functions perfectly. It is quiet, and the motor is much better than the others I have seen. There was no overflow. It just skims. There is no vent on the lid so you don't have skim flowing out of the top. Easy to assemble and install. 5 Stars.
It will fit in any of the nuovo series. I have seen a lot of post for skimmer for these tanks. In my opinion this is the one I would choose. It all comes apart fot cleaning everything. It is a simple and a perfect design for nano tanks. Priced reasonably.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new