http://www.aquariumwatertesting.com/
As many of you know I'm currently using all Tropic Marine Test kits. I have always thought they were pretty accurate, so i decided to have an independant lab test my water. I wanted to know if my test kits were accurate more than if my parameters were actually off.
Multiple Tests with Tropic Marine Test kits yielded the following results the night I bottled the water to send off.
Potassium (zeo Test)........375
Phosphates (LE TM)..........< .01
Alkalinity (TM)....................8 dkh
Silica (TM) < ..................... .05
Calcium (TM) ....................470
Magnesium (TM)................1400
The Lab results were:
Ammonia (NH3-4) ........................Good ......................................... 0.007
Nitrite (NO2)................................Good ......................................... 0.006
Nitrate (NO3)...............................Good .............................................0.4
Phosphate (PO4) ..........................Good ........................................... 0.06
Silica (SiO2-3) ............................. High..............................................0.6
Potassium (K) ...............................Low............................................. 318
Calcium (Ca)................................Good ............................................ 367
Boron (B) ....................................Good .............................................3.1
Molybdenum (Mo).........................Good .............................................0.0
Strontium (Sr) .............................Good .............................................7.5
Magnesium (Mg) ..........................Good .......................................... 1110
Iodine (I¯)...................................Good ........................................... 0.04
Copper (Cu++) ............................Good ........................................... 0.01
Alkalinity (meq/L).........................Good ........................................... 3.01
I have a full report if anyone is interested and Rev would let you attache a 200 kb PDF file.
Brandon
As many of you know I'm currently using all Tropic Marine Test kits. I have always thought they were pretty accurate, so i decided to have an independant lab test my water. I wanted to know if my test kits were accurate more than if my parameters were actually off.
Multiple Tests with Tropic Marine Test kits yielded the following results the night I bottled the water to send off.
Potassium (zeo Test)........375
Phosphates (LE TM)..........< .01
Alkalinity (TM)....................8 dkh
Silica (TM) < ..................... .05
Calcium (TM) ....................470
Magnesium (TM)................1400
The Lab results were:
Ammonia (NH3-4) ........................Good ......................................... 0.007
Nitrite (NO2)................................Good ......................................... 0.006
Nitrate (NO3)...............................Good .............................................0.4
Phosphate (PO4) ..........................Good ........................................... 0.06
Silica (SiO2-3) ............................. High..............................................0.6
Potassium (K) ...............................Low............................................. 318
Calcium (Ca)................................Good ............................................ 367
Boron (B) ....................................Good .............................................3.1
Molybdenum (Mo).........................Good .............................................0.0
Strontium (Sr) .............................Good .............................................7.5
Magnesium (Mg) ..........................Good .......................................... 1110
Iodine (I¯)...................................Good ........................................... 0.04
Copper (Cu++) ............................Good ........................................... 0.01
Alkalinity (meq/L).........................Good ........................................... 3.01
I have a full report if anyone is interested and Rev would let you attache a 200 kb PDF file.
Brandon
Last edited:
