Aquarium

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m upgrading tanks I looked at my lfs but live aquaria had a cheaper tank van I trust live aquaria is it a good tank manufacturer or should I get a tank from somewhere else

ReeferCPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just canceled an order with LA and placed that same order with another vendor after waiting and waiting and waiting for my order to ship. "Shipping delays" they kept saying. Every two days I would call and was told that it would ship tomorrow, or 2 days, blah, blah, blah. I would reconsider. They use to be awesome and I have bought from them before, but this isn't the same LA anymore. I think Petco bought them out and it shows. They rode high on that past reputation for a little while but it's catching up with them.

Upvote 0

ReeferCPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea where to get an affordable fish tank I’m going for a200 g
Depends if you want to drop the $$$ on a new tank or want to go used and possibly have to put in work doing a reseal or something similar. There is a significant price difference in going with used but can possibly come with some downsides. I went used with my 150g that I upgraded to. There were downsides. But if I went new, I wouldn't have a 150g. The return (COR20) and skimmer (Skimz203) were practically brand new. I basically got decent deal on some reef gear and got a free tank and stand. I had to do work on the stand and tank that took about a week. Looking back it was still worth it.

A Waterbox 167 will run you 5k this includes the sump and stand as well but you need to provide all your own pumps, lights, skimmer, etc.

A Redsea setups for 192g or 210g range from 6k -9k. These are as close to "just add water" as you get.

If you have the ability to DIY and can build a stand properly, there are companies that you can get the glass box from. Fish Tanks Direct has a pretty decent selection. You could start there. Never dealt with them, so someone else can chime in on customer experience.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Depends if you want to drop the $$$ on a new tank or want to go used and possibly have to put in work doing a reseal or something similar. There is a significant price difference in going with used but can possibly come with some downsides. I went used with my 150g that I upgraded to. There were downsides. But if I went new, I wouldn't have a 150g. The return (COR20) and skimmer (Skimz203) were practically brand new. I basically got decent deal on some reef gear and got a free tank and stand. I had to do work on the stand and tank that took about a week. Looking back it was still worth it.

A Waterbox 167 will run you 5k this includes the sump and stand as well but you need to provide all your own pumps, lights, skimmer, etc.

A Redsea setups for 192g or 210g range from 6k -9k. These are as close to "just add water" as you get.

If you have the ability to DIY and can build a stand properly, there are companies that you can get the glass box from. Fish Tanks Direct has a pretty decent selection. You could start there. Never dealt with them, so someone else can chime in on customer experience.

Hope that helps.
Sources=
LFS (you may have to take a good drive)
Craigslist
manufacturers such as Custom aquarium
Many for sale at frag swaps and shows such as MACNA and RAP

Upvote 0

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea where to get an affordable fish tank I’m going for a200 g
Cheapest new option would be a standard 6x2x2 180 gallon from Aqueon or Marineland. Shouldn't be much over 1000 bucks for tank only. Check with your nearby fish stores.

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back