aquariums for mixing station

  • Thread starter Thread starter dantimdad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I just cut the pieces for most of the stand.

Gotta pick up some more 3/4 cabinet grade from the big shop to cut legs.

Then it's about a thousand pocket holes and some glue.

Having good tools makes all the difference.
 
I run a vertical stack for my water station.
eaf11d4a565c50c507aef3b62501f937.jpg
 
Nice!

Thanks @JimFuller ! I was just trying to figure out how to run the pump.

Bottom is the saltwater, correct?
 
Nice!

Thanks @JimFuller ! I was just trying to figure out how to run the pump.

Bottom is the saltwater, correct?
Yep. RODI on top. Saltwater on bottom. These are both 75 Gallon tanks, but I gave seen them as small as 15 Gallon.

You can do something similar with aquariums.
 
Yep. RODI on top. Saltwater on bottom. These are both 75 Gallon tanks, but I gave seen them as small as 15 Gallon.

You can do something similar with aquariums.


That's the plan. Just a lot cheaper! ;)
 
I'm working on a mixing station for my 40g breeder build. Going to use a couple 20H tanks and stack them vertically. Bulkheads and PVC is cheap and in have the hole saws already. I figured I might as well plumb the system with 3/4" bulkheads, lines and valves, since that's the size I'm plumbing the return on the 40g. Can't be more than $35--$50 worth of plumbing parts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new