Aquascape Collapse!

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+ 3 on the acrylic rods and drilled rock here too. If you need any acrylic rod let me know chris. I have about 8' of 1/4" clear rod.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might take you up on that offer someday down the road when I upgrade. As of now, everything is okay. I am just a little concerned about starting this process all over again when I move the tank off the wall a few inches.

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HATE when I have to touch the rocks! If I don't get them back just exactly the way I had them, and I never do, it puts me in SUCH a bad mood! It's like they look lower--flatter--never as good. I feel for ya. Majorly.
This comment may be 13 years old but it resonates with me so much

Had a rock collapse on some rockwork in a precarious position today and it never gets back exactly the way it was before, and it results in such a foul mood.

Devonjevon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much trouble was it to drill? Did you use a regular masonry bit? I tried that one time and the rock started to crumble when I drilled.

Not hard to drill the rock just take it really slow. If it's a smaller piece or edge of the rock use a smaller bit the work your way up to the size u need. Plastic coat hangers usually can't hold up to the weight.

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So posting in this topic cursed me.... This morning we had a collapse , this is the first tank where I haven't PVC supported my rock , lesson learned ........ After going on a purple firefish recovery mission. His dart hole was right in the center of the collapse I discovered he had an in believable network of caves in the rock. He is fine after hours of searching found him in his mansion looking at me like what's up dude ???. Major crisis averted and firefish renamed to sparkle "bin laden" the purple firefish.......zz

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back