Aquascape Feedback

zlopez

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently in the cycling stage only new tank. Using Pukani rock, really like the layout, but unsure if I should reduce the overall quantity of rocks may have any negative impact on the overall maintenance of the tank or anything else I may be overlooking?

There are lots of areas where fish can shelter and also made sure there was plenty of room for fish to swim in the front, back and sides.

Tank: UNS R150


Thoughts?


20261005_182835_2AF94206-D04D-49FD-BE24-549EB616BAD9.png


20261005_182835_E23CBA84-73AB-4812-B59B-0E2B290AF6AF.png


20261005_182836_CE5E1B5F-4502-43A9-B5CD-F8BC60ACF720.png


 
the top line looks very nice, dropping to the sides - lovely. If it's possible to remove some of the bottom line rock you could create tunnels and overhangs, that your fish would enjoy swimming trough. Something like this:
1791285814025.png
 
I personally like the aquascape!
 
the top line looks very nice, dropping to the sides - lovely. If it's possible to remove some of the bottom line rock you could create tunnels and overhangs, that your fish would enjoy swimming trough. Something like this:
1791285814025.png
Thank you for your suggestions!
 
the top line looks very nice, dropping to the sides - lovely. If it's possible to remove some of the bottom line rock you could create tunnels and overhangs, that your fish would enjoy swimming trough. Something like this:
1791285814025.png
Thank you for your suggestions!
Forgot to mention, also thank you for the the AI image
 
Looks like you got your hands on some nice old pukani!

Personally I think it will create a lot of spots for low flow and detritus accumulation which could be a headache down the line. Perhaps try to get it a bit more airy rather than a wall of rock. That should also give the fish some more interesting swimming routs.
To create a bit more of a dynamic look I would also consider having some high and low points.
One last thing I would look in to would be to use the depth of the tank and have some low rocks placed closer to the front glass so that you don’t strictly have vertical space to work with.
 
Do you have an end view? I like it but it reminds me of my 180 that was a rock wall with plenty of places for fish to hide but they were forced to swim back and forth past each other with only a single swim lane. I guess it depends on the fish you keep, I like tangs.
 
the top line looks very nice, dropping to the sides - lovely. If it's possible to remove some of the bottom line rock you could create tunnels and overhangs, that your fish would enjoy swimming trough. Something like this:
1791285814025.png
this is better as it allows more space for fish to swim and sleep, and will curb agression. it is also better for flow and nutirent management.
 
I’m really happy with the top, and will look for a way to create a natural looking tunnel at the bottom.

Appreciate your compliment and feedback
 
Looks like you got your hands on some nice old pukani!

Personally I think it will create a lot of spots for low flow and detritus accumulation which could be a headache down the line. Perhaps try to get it a bit more airy rather than a wall of rock. That should also give the fish some more interesting swimming routs.
To create a bit more of a dynamic look I would also consider having some high and low points.
One last thing I would look in to would be to use the depth of the tank and have some low rocks placed closer to the front glass so that you don’t strictly have vertical space to work with.
Thank you, Viking
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new