Aquascape Feedback

Soakem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Im semi new to the forums here at Reef2Reef but Ive been lurking for a few months now as ive been planning my first reef tank setup. I just wanted to get some feedback from you all on the scape that I came up with today.

Its a 45 gal JBJ tank with about 37lbs of the Aquamaxx Eco Dry Rock. I believe its the same as the BRS Reef Saver rock. I plan on using the two little fishies epoxy putty to secure the bigger rock standing up on the left just for a little extra support.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

IMG_3740-2.jpg

IMG_3745-2.jpg

IMG_3746-2.jpg

IMG_3748-2.jpg

IMG_3751-2.jpg

IMG_3740-2.jpg

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
Overall, looks pretty good. I like the 3 arches on the 1st level. But that top rock is scaring me lol.
Can you kind of glue it so that half is sticking on the top of the left rock? Kind of making it jut out at an angle, yet still being glued half way? Rather than just the small bottom section being glued in your current set up?
And I apologize if my description isn't making sense ;)

nolaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the foundation. Good job there. I also like the idea behind the top rock but I just don't think that rock is interesting enough or fits there. I would turn that rock on the side or try to position it better. You could also chisel the rock to make it more interesting.

OP
OP
Soakem

Soakem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice and ideas. I decided to change it up just a little bit with your thoughts. I really liked that rock thats reaching for the surface so I decided to keep that in place with the putty. That Two Little Fishies putty stuff works really well by the way! That rock is in there good and I have no worries about it falling over anymore.

I added the sand after I had the scape in place and I think that helped with securing everything as well.

DanTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think that top rock is pretty cool looking! Over all, I think it's just a cool aquascape

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get an acrylic rod and drill both sides for your mont everest, it will come down at some point

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back