Aquascape Help

Michael Rossi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to make a small island for my GSP so it doesn’t eventually overtake my tank. That lead to moving almost everything else around as well. It’s still a little cloudy, but any feedback or thoughts. Should I have just left it alone?

72DADD22-5B56-4CDD-8448-DA0D1FFE24B8.jpeg 807AED47-C062-445A-BA0C-FD8FE38F7F12.jpeg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you aren't sure if you like it, now is the time to play around with different rock formations. Once it is covered with coral, you won't be able to see the overall layout anyways :)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is something to think about, and its probably what is bugging you. Aquascape is more appealing to the eye when you have one side higher than the other. In the before photo the right side was higher than the left side. Now its almost the same across the top. Maybe buy a few small pieces of rock and raise the right side again, but keep the distance between the rock structure and the glass as it will make cleaning so much easier.

OP
OP
Michael Rossi

Michael Rossi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is something to think about, and its probably what is bugging you. Aquascape is more appealing to the eye when you have one side higher than the other. In the before photo the right side was higher than the left side. Now its almost the same across the top. Maybe buy a few small pieces of rock and raise the right side again, but keep the distance between the rock structure and the glass as it will make cleaning so much easier.
I think you are right. I had most of the rock against the glass before. Now I only the the top on against it. But there is a large opening under it where I can get to the sand. Like you said, maybe just building that side up a little more is all that’s missing. I’m going to my lfs tomorrow anyway

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back