Aquascape Opinions - Tried to be unique

ItalCanadaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, what do you think of my aquascape? My main concern is the amount of hiding places. The right piece is basically a big cave with small little crevasses all around. The middle section has three separate caves (the back cave is not really visible). The left-most island is basically an open concept so I can put some low light corals to make a sort of garden I’m hoping. I was thinking of potentially adding another arch on the left side, but I’m just wondering how I will have it be nice and solid, especially when trying to epoxy it together while already in the tank.

40700222-210A-4735-B5EC-D607F5EF1369.jpeg 3EA8595C-DF4E-4F83-8242-DF62ED4427CF.jpeg 9D74778D-387B-459A-8B69-98BC5E6A6933.jpeg 867E514A-7842-41F1-9D55-910E600E238E.jpeg

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks really good! I recommend reaching into the tank until your fingertips touch the sand bed and make a perimeter, your arm should never touch the rocks. This is just so you can get a magnetic glass cleaner in there and theres room for coral growth. The small islands in the front would make great zoa gardens or mounting places for fleshy LPS like elegance or trachys since you dont really want sand getting on them too much and I love the baby clown, hes super cute! Looks great, definitely a lot of hiding places, and it looks like theres going to be a wide range of flow and light combos that should be able to make any coral happy!

OP
OP
ItalCanadaReefer

ItalCanadaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool
I think it looks really good! I recommend reaching into the tank until your fingertips touch the sand bed and make a perimeter, your arm should never touch the rocks. This is just so you can get a magnetic glass cleaner in there and theres room for coral growth. The small islands in the front would make great zoa gardens or mounting places for fleshy LPS like elegance or trachys since you dont really want sand getting on them too much and I love the baby clown, hes super cute! Looks great, definitely a lot of hiding places, and it looks like theres going to be a wide range of flow and light combos that should be able to make any coral happy!
You read my mind. The middle section where you see my clown hiding will indeed have a zia garden all around for sure! And appreciate the feedback! Magnet cleaners are good all around, but I’m terms of coral growth, I agree, definitively wish that front right over-hang was made even just 1/2 inch shorter.

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The side glass has plenty of room. The magnet cleaner fits everywhere. The front right piece gives just enough room though.
That's a tough call. I like to be able to get in there with a scraper if need be. It looks like you have a way to get under that ledge. If you like it, I would recommend keeping it the way it is.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back