Aquascape Sanity Check

MichiganMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All.

Looking for a sanity check on my first dry rock Aquascape.

This is a JBJ 65 Gallon AIO. All rock is dry MarcoRock.

The middle section is glued and mortared. The outside columns are able to be moved.

Questions. Is this enough rock? Does this look too unnatural? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks.

IMG_20220327_082424.jpg

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its a good height and amount. I would maybe add a few smaller and flat bottomed pieces out in front away from the main structure so you can place some nice coral on them.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah amount looks good enough.
Could add some bits glued on to the sides jutting forward or backward but not needed but I probably would to give more real estate,and as above poster said a little rock island or 2 incase want keep some gsp or zoas or some the faster growing corals or even if just want raise a few corals off the sand.
All I looked for was swim throughs,caves so fish could go for safety / sleeping quarters,over hangs, under hangs ,and get some flow going through the rocks and let the fish to ne able to lose sight of each other,I decided go 3/ 4 way up in height and tried to imagine what corals I would be keeping and try to minimise shading below them as the corals grow into each other.and leave enough room to get a algae magnet in to clean the glass.
But nice looking scape.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back