aquascaped right side. how do i look?

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally made the time to move all my lr on the right side and build a "tree" to put my stuff. didn't turn out as cool as i wanted it to but i'm planning to put some NPS hanging underneath of the outcrop. also going to ask my uncle to get me a wire to put in the bottom too. here's a before and after. I still have to either disguise the retun pvc but i'm planning a 200g upgrade next year so i'll just leave it in maybe.
IMAG0039.jpg
OLD
fts r2r.jpg
NEW let me know what you guys think.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you. do you think it looked better in the before tho? i've been getting mixed reviews from my fellow reefers here.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them both for different reasons. The old setup looks a little more natural but limits room for fish. The new setup opens up the reef a little more for the fish but changes the reef, almost separating the right side from the left, not looking so natural.
In all, I gotta say I like both old and new equally.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like both, though personally I like the new one better, and will be scaping my new setup similarly (taller and more open.)

However, of anyone and everyone posting, there's only one poster who gets to/has to look at it every day. That opinions the most important.

Bugg_zy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, what you personaly think about it counts the most. I do like the second scape better as well.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys, i appreciate the kind words! now i need to get my butt in gear and work on the left side! maybe 2 more "trees". and some isolated rocks for my crazy gsp and some other items.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the new look. It does give fish more room to swim but just be careful because depending on what fish you have it may cause issues between them. Now there are not as many places for the fish to settle in and can cause some territorial issues. Just a thought but I like the look.:bigsmile:

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I LOVE the new look, i like the original. I agree with Paul though, just keep an eye on them! Great looking tank!

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of the new look. You'll also find that your reef "performs" better with the increased/improved flow through and around the rocks. Agree that the loss of fish hiding/sleeping spaces is worth monitoring.
Gary

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys, for sure i was wondering about the fish issue. territory and all but so far so good. not too much disagreements. i think that it might be that they've been together for so long that they're used to each other. (i hope) but it's a definite plus for flow issue. i was having cyano problems on the right side of the tank due to flow and now it's pretty much gone. my sps are much happier too due to the increased flow around the tank!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 84 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back