Aquascaping tips for nano tanks! What are some things to remember?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are some good tips for nanoscapes? What are some things to remember when scaping a nano tank?

Photo: @Uwdanno
1 - nano aquascape tips - Uwdanno .jpeg

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan your scape using the rule of thirds and the golden ratio. Download an app, take a bunch of photos, make adjustments based on what you see and your overall goals for the tank. Plan out places in advance for different corals and fish based on light and flow requirements and potential hiding places

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have an idea in your mind, and when your fresh gulf rock arrives (@LiverockRocks ), adapt that design to the shape of the rocks you have and get them in the tank while they're still wet! It will be beautiful when all the life in those rocks wakes up. Add some new life little by little.
IMG_20220425_152809314_HDR.jpg

wheels 45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be afraid to try different aquascapes. Play around with it until you like how it looks. Also make sure that there is good water flow so you don't have any dead spots

john her

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Don't be afraid to try different aquascapes. Play around with it until you like how it looks. Also make sure that there is good water flow so you don't have any dead spots
I have a problem with my skimmer over skimming??

wheels 45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a problem with my skimmer over skimming??
What kind of skimmer is it? I have a coralife skimmer. It works pretty well. At the beginning I had to tweak it a bit so it wouldn't just be water in the cup, but a little thicker skimmate. I had to break it in for about a week.

john her

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
What kind of skimmer is it? I have a coralife skimmer. It works pretty well. At the beginning I had to tweak it a bit so it wouldn't just be water in the cup, but a little thicker skimmate. I had to break it in for about a week.
I have a red sea reefer 300 but it's just water in cup and at all the way nob to minus ➖??

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back