Aquascaping

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello fellow reefers. I would like to do some extensive aquscaping. I would like to remove all my rock from my tank when I do my water change this weekend and rearrange my rocks for better water flow and movement in my 150 deep. When I get all the rock removed I would also like to spread the sand more evenly because over the 5 months the tank has been running the sand is somewhat uneven. How many problems would this cause? I don’t want to cause any problems. Let me know thanks.

View attachment Tank.jpg

Mike Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers. I would like to do some extensive aquscaping. I would like to remove all my rock from my tank when I do my water change this weekend and rearrange my rocks for better water flow and movement in my 150 deep. When I get all the rock removed I would also like to spread the sand more evenly because over the 5 months the tank has been running the sand is somewhat uneven. How many problems would this cause? I don’t want to cause any problems. Let me know thanks.

View attachment Tank.jpg
If you use any epoxys don't work them in the tank IE instant oceans epoxy putty milliput ect they use oxygen to cure, use super glue with it because the nrw epoxys aren't worth a crap IMHO I hear tge JB weld waterproof epoxy for pottable water works great I haven't tried it personally but as soon as I am out of tge two others I'm going to try it. Make sure you have good surface adgitation for incteased oxege exchange. Other than that you should be fine.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back