The Deezill Reef 210

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello R2R,
The Deezill Reef 210 gallon system seems to be finally coming to life. Back in March of 2019, I decided to upgrade from my 150 gallon xhigh simply because the tank had more height as opposed to length. The dimensions were 48x24x30. When I first got the tank i was honestly very excited because i was upgrading from a 65-gallon acrylic tank so I had more room. The 150 looked huge at my LFS. As time went on basically two years later I wanted a tank that was long so my tangs could swim the length of the tank. This is when I purchased the 180 gallons in March. I planed my gear. I pretty much knew all the gear I would purchase with the exception of a skimmer because I plan on using my current one. I began to save for gear since I am an average joe who works for a living. In May of this year my basement decided to flood after 6 years without a drop of water ever seeing inside my basement. I was sick. I call it the great flood of May. I ended up having to rip out all of my carpets, rip out my drywall from the floor up to 4ft upwards. skipping forward to july, I was able to see my way. I came up with a plan to refinish my basement. before I could think about the basement refinish I had to resolve some plumbing issues in my entire house which was not cheap. but anyways I saw a fellow reefer @AiKkz and his build. I loved the fact that he had a metal stand for his 300-gallon system. So two weeks ago I sought to have one fabricated myself. The stand was made for my 180 gallons and the stand has the dimensions of 73x25x40 to accommodate the size of the 180. While life was going on the stand being fabricated, my family and I decided to take a vacation before school started for my boys. So get this. I asked my wife did she mind if we killed a couple of hours before check-in at the hotel, and she said why not. So I opted for lunch and then Aquarium Adventure. lo and behold when we get there they had a massive sale. One item that caught both of our eyes were the tanks. They had a 210-gallon tank reduced from 999.00 to 769.00 The wife looked at me and says "this looks bigger than your tank", like a child I gasped and said it is it is. She must have forgotten about the 180 in the basement, but hey I kept my mouth closed as she said what seemed like slow motion, would you like this tank? I said yes please yes, please. There you have it. My 210 was delivered on yesterday and my stand was delivered a day late. As I progress with my build I will definitely post pics because I am making progress in my basement. I expect to start painting this weekend once I finish all of my drywall by Friday night. My stand is huge this 210 build is coming into fruition now.
stand.JPG

The stand is 73x25x40 still a great fit for my new 210 which is below the beautiful 210 with mega drains that will server as a Herbie 4 drain system with returns going over the back. The road has been long but I am taking my time. rock is curing
I will post my equipment later. Big shout out and thanks to @AiKkz for all the help and inspiration with his beautiful build and letting me know it's ok to take your time. I gotta admit. When I saw the stand I wanted to get going right then and there. lol Thanks for reading guys More to come........
210.JPG

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Deezill nice to see you on r2r. One of the nicest reefers in Chicago! Following!!

Let me know if you ever need any help. I’d be more than happy to lend a hand any way I can.
@Xmoji how is that beautiful tank of yours? You know I will be coming for a piece of green slimmer once I let this mature build mature some lol.

Xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Xmoji how is that beautiful tank of yours? You know I will be coming for a piece of green slimmer once I let this mature build mature some lol.
It’s doing great, can’t wait to see yours up and running. Keep up the good work, that stand is killer.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Evening R2R,
another piece to the Deezill Reef 210 has been added. My Bashsea sump arrived today and I am very happy. I have been really taking my time with this ordering great gear. I picked up (delivered)
The bashsea 4818 Smart Sump. I am very pleased with the size. This is a major upgrade compared to my Trigger ruby red 36. I am really trying to make this an epic build. My Color theme is blue and grey despite the Ecotech Vectra return pump is blue and white.

210-001.JPG 210bash.JPG Bash.JPG Bashsig.JPG

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet addition and yes, you're on your way to an epic build.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My ecotech vectrac should arrive sometime today. Plumbing was ordered today. To save money some of the plumbing that won't be seen is is regular white but what will be seen in the sump area will have my Bashsea Blue and grey theme.
Plumbing cost a bit.

Order.png

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While my build is coming along slowly I managed to get some paint and paint the back and get some of my plumbing done. I forgot to met my plywood from Home Depot to sit under the sump. I will probably get it tomorrow and paint that too. I don't want the sump sitting on the bare floor. Anyways this is my first time painting any tank.

20191019_211523.jpg 20191020_183329.jpg 20191020_183641.jpg 20191020_183653.jpg Plumb.jpg Vectra M2.jpg

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have taken another leap on this journey to get my 210 up and running. I have put my rock in and sand. The tank is currently being filled since I have packed with 180 pounds of sand and 180 pounds of rock. I originally purchased 220 pounds of sand but when I got to 160 pounds I figured the sand bed was deep enough and my wrasses will love it. I have enough sand for a small 55-gallon leftover lol. I am not pleased with my aquascape but hey the ultimate plan is to fill it with so many sticks you won't see any rock.

close up.jpg tank_bbottom.jpg

Back