OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Green Slimer is really big pic from my crappy cam does it no justice.

DSC01511 (4).JPG

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok folks I wanted to upgrade my BRS dual carbon/gfo reactor. By the time I put 1.5 cups of carbon in my reactor it's filled to the top for the most part and I really have to push the pads down. I also wanted to separate the two because sometime well most times I want to run carbon and not GFO. I purchased a Skimz MONZTER FM150 MEDIA REACTOR. I think this is overkill. I wanted more room and well I got it. I should have probably got 1 size down for only 1.5 cups of carbon. I am quite sure I will repurpose this thing but for now, it's a carbon reactor.Sorry for the glare on my workbench.

Skimz - No Media.jpg

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not to mention there a half-inch pad below the media and ontop to make a carbon sandwich so it does not move. at least I have an apex FMK to ensure I dial my flow in right. Till next time happy reefing.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am now in the market for new sticks. yesterday marked a milestone of weekly water changes using Tropic Marin Pro. I have changed out 220 gallons of water. TPM is not a cheap salt like my old salt IO.
My water changes looked like this:
Week 1 = 60 gallons
Week 2 = 40 gallons
Week 3 = 40 gallons
Week 4 = 40 gallons
week 5 = 40 gallons

My nutrients are very low at this point. I see no reason to keep up the weekly water changes. I am going to move to the biweekly. Save a buck on this salt. I do like doing them weekly though. My system is relatively easy for removing water from the tank. Doing weekly water changes ensure that I have my trace elements and the only thing I have to dose is alk. Every once in awhile mag and calcium.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here we have an aptasia eating filefish who eats NO aptasia but will beat the tangs to the Nori. I really feel some type of way about this.

Nori.jpg

Back